October 26, 2012

Reason (Day) #26 to fall for Autumn... (of #31Days)

It's the calm before the storm...
the quiet before the chaos.
It's the Take-a-Breath
before you're Breathless!

I LOVE October...
because of all the Fall yumminess, yes - 
but also because I see the changes outside,
& reflect to see how I have changed on the inside.
I can see the changing colors
& I pull out the Autumn decorations, knowing
- just KNOWING -
what lies around the corner!

My very favorite holiday
- hands down - is Thanksgiving!
Hands. Down.
I love that even in our over-stimulated, rush around,
multi-tasking, too-busy-to-breathe life,
we still take a day to slow down, to spend time together
- really T-O-G-E-T-H-E-R,
& think about things & circumstances & people
for whom we are truly thankful!

It doesn't matter if your tradition is HUGE & over the top,
or quiet & laid back...
if it is crowded-around-tables,
or cuddled-up-in-a-corner-seat...
it may only last for a second
- but it's part of the tradition to stop
- and give thanks!

I love all of that!  
I attempt to live all of that!
I try to maintain a spirit of Thanksgiving year round
& I was counting blessings long before 
I began to call them Gifts... 
(thanks Ann!)

I love that before the
rush of Christmas,
we take time to
hush in giving thanks...

& I love that even before Thanksgiving,
Autumn captures our attention 
& our hearts (if we'll let it)
where we can reflect, slow down,
drink in all that Glory-Falling-in-Trees


& remember that He is good...


that He is God...


& that everything changes!


Day Reason 26 to fall for Autumn:
The calmness that comes
before the chaos of the holidays...
the call to quiet yourself,
stop - look - listen...
Reflect on where you are,
where you've been,
and where He is taking you!

Sip something cozy...
sit back... 
give thanks with me
early this year!

~Karrilee~




2 comments :

  1. I love, love, LOVE how you captured autumn here. It's my favorite season, and I so relate when you said, "Hands down" Thanksgiving is your favorite holiday - mine, too :-) Only in the last several years, though, as I'm learning to be more aware of the gifts I have on a daily basis. Thank you for sharing this beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm ready for those pretty fall leaves to hit our state.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive