October 26, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Voice

So, for a few weeks now - I have jumped in and participated in Lisa Jo Baker's Five Minute Friday community!  To learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) - click HERE!

The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking, or spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write off of a prompt that Lisa posts at one minute past midnight Friday morning  (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes:
Five Minute Friday - Voice

{GO}

My desire when I open my home is to open my heart!  I purpose to create an atmosphere where peace is heavy, and burdens lift, and love is felt, and His Voice is clearly heard!

I love to invite people over, whether it be for a regular meeting (like my Monday Happy Intercessors, who have been gathering with me, and with Him, for over 12 years now!) or a game night with friends, or a sleep over for my girlie... I love to see people unwind, relax, and begin to not feel the need to fill the silence.  Taylor Swifts lyric "I've never heard silence quite this loud" always makes me laugh.  That is so true for so many of us!  We live in a society and culture where the silence is hard to come by, and often times when it arrives - it makes us uncomfortable.

But it's in the silence, in the peaceful places where we let are burdens down -and our guards- when He can speak quietly, refresh our souls, and redirect our focus! Oh but if we will only make the time and push past the 'next' on our bossy lists.

So whenever I can - I turn on some worship music, light some candles... create an ambiance and a sense of welcome and warmth! I talk... but mostly I try to listen, and create a space of quiet - so they... so you... can truly HEAR!

Come on over... the coffee is brewing!

{STOP}

So - find your voice - and join the crowd!
Five Minute Friday

~Karrilee~

4 comments :

  1. Would love to visit, your heart is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I would absolutely LOVE to stop by! Feels like home to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You clearly have a special gift... and like everyone else, it sure makes me want to come over and rest in that beautiful place of cozy peace. I agree with Denise here, your heart is so beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post!! I want to stop by:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive