October 19, 2012

Reason 19 to Fall for Autumn... Friday Night Lights!!!

Day Reason 19
to Fall for Autumn...
why - Football, of course!

Now - I have to 'fess up
& let you know,
I was not raised to be sporty...
we did not attend live sporting events
nor gather around the tv on Sundays,
(or Mondays)
...sports - and particularly - football
was not a part of family or tradition
or anything like that!
For me - in high school
it was a social event...
a gathering place...
a place to connect with friends
& sometimes pay attention to the field,
but let's be honest,
I was 16 & I had no clue about the game...
I was there to watch the boys!

But as an adult who married into a Sporty family,
I have come to not only mostly understand the game,
but I 'get' it... the love of the game,
the teamwork, the coming together to cheer on a victory...
My love (dare I say it?) for football
only deepened when I got to
'discover' Friday Night Lights
via Netflix
with my girlie...
We would have FNL marathons
in the family room
for days... 

If we will let it,
Football (or any sport, really)
can teach us some
valuable lessons!

This video, however,
that I found via Ann Voskamp's blog,
teaches us even more...


So Day Reason 19 to Fall for Autumn
is the return of Friday Night Lights...
of football games in the cold...
of support, and challenge, and the fight...
of community, and wins and losses...
It is the reminder
that we cheer on others around us...
(on our team, or not!)
because every one matters!
Every. One!

~Karrilee~

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous2:13 AM

    Ӏ just cοuldn't leave your web site before suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the usual info an individual supply for your visitors? Is gonna be again continuously to check out new posts

    my web page: Property for Sale

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive