October 3, 2012

31 Reasons to Fall for Autumn... Day 3

Aaahhh.... nothing says Fall like this little treasure!
One of my favorite things about Fall
is the return of Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte!
It's a gorgeous little cup of Glorious Autumn goodness!
I have noticed, however, that it seems he is making
his appearance earlier & earlier!
I am have not quite moved on from Summer
when Mr. PS Latte is trying to get all Flirty with me!
But I won't have it!
I am spoken for
& spend my days with Summer for as long as possible.
However, the shift is bound to happen
the early air gets crisp, my cheeks turn rosy on my morning walk,
& Fall begins to beckon me once again!
The mere angle of light through out my day shifts,
& I feel the pull toward Autumn
... toward Change
... toward the possibility of New!

I wait.
Early September comes & goes
& I wait.
You see, sipping that first cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte
must be SAVORED & sipped & enjoyed
as I welcome in this Season of Change.
I realize of course - it is 'just' a cup of coffee...
but it is a tangible ritual that signifies both
Reflection of Summer
& Anticipation of Fall.
It's an intentional marker that calls me to
Be Open to the opportunities for Change
Within me, & All Around me!
As I drink it in, I drink Him in...
& I allow His Spirit to
nourish me, comfort me, & remind me:
Autumn is FULL of Hope & Glory
& Thankfulness & Change!
Embrace it!  Embrace Him!

"Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

~Psalm 103:1-5

"Who satisfies your mouth with good things"
...
What "Fall" treat do YOU look forward to most
& what, in this season, nourishes your soul?

~Karrilee~










No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive