October 31, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Grace

GRACE - Five Minute Friday...

Last week at this time I was sitting on the floor in the Dayspring Lounge, typing my FMF post on my phone - live and in person at #Allume! This week, I am sitting across the table from my sweet friend Rebekah Ellis from Three Bees Blue Bonnet

Oh but - first - the fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at 10pm Thursday night (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday, sitting across the table from an old friend whom I just met this afternoon inrl! The Word Prompt is:  GRACE

{GO}


Grace... oh Lord how I need it!

I mean - on any (every) given day... I need it like oxygen!

But this week - this crazy, busy, lovely week filled with cross country travels and #Allume awesomeness (and a little not so awesomeness thrown in for good measure) and... well - Grace... and a little down time with my toes digging in sand... that is what I needed post-Allume.  I have had no time to process... to digest... to know what all really happened for me but even in teh unknown of what was imparted and what is shifting around within me - I trust Grace is at work there too!

A little strolling through Biltmore Estate gardens (thanks Logan!) and wandering down the side streets and alleyways of Asheville (thanks Jessica!)... and walking King Street and hanging out at Battery Park in Charleston... and let's not forget the hours of roaming the shoreline at Isle of Palms or the marina at Charleston resort...  all of that was Grace! A gift to me... for me... to experience it all with my Honey.  A full schedule but not a bossy one!  We are nearly Empty Nesters and oh how we needed a get away to push us into our next season, and remind us of the Grace that has gotten us through up until now!

My Honey - He was, to me, Grace extended...


...for when I felt all alone in the midst of crowds, Dave and Jesus assured me that I was not... that they were there all along and that to them - I was loved... I was known.  What more could i ask for, really?

And here now... across a kitchen table, on a borrowed laptop, after a full day of travel... Grace extended from a new friend who is kindred and sister and only 'new' in that we hadn't yet met face to face...  but that has gloriously changed today!

Grace - when we look for it... we find Him andAll is Grace - for when we look for Him, we find that He has been here all along!

{STOP}

Oh - and let's not forget the end of #31days ya'll - that right there - THAT is grace! 
(Can I get an Amen from the other #31Dayers?)

I will take the next few days to soak in a little MercyMe and Kari Jobe, some Christine Caine and Jen Hatmaker... and enjoy spending some one on one time with Rebekah... and then I will process my Allume experience... I'll be back and will write my #31Days wrap up post, and on my Allume experience soon... until then... Grace, sweet friends! I am asking for Grace!


Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "GRACE"  
Five Minute Friday

14 comments :

  1. Sounds like you had a beautiful week!! Thankful for grace and for the One who gives it.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to leave a comment but it would basically be an exact replication of Sarah's words. So. Ditto. :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:22 PM

    I have enjoyed looking at your lovely photos :) Here is to remembering grace and drinking it in when we need it. Have a wonderful weekend. Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, friend...I'm so glad we had a chance to hug and connect a bit. Next time, there will be coffee and a longer, deeper chat. I'm so glad you've had a beautiful week, and I'm not gonna lie...there's a little jealousy surging through me right now that the two of you are (in)RL! But I so hope you enjoy your time together...what a gift! Blessings to you, sweet friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just right there with you - you see this now, right? all my quirks leaking out no matter what I do - I have such a need of His grace each day. Like oxygen - yes! Inhale grace. And it is a grace note in itself to have you here tonight and this weekend - grace alive - an extension and realization of community in real life. I don't have enough words for what's in my heart. I am just so very glad that you are here. And to read these words and then hear them as you share - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't we all? need grace like oxygen... beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen! Celebrating the end of 31 days! We made it! Hooorah! What a lovely adventure you have been on this past week. All is grace!

    Christy @ A Heartening Life
    www.ahearteninglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:21 AM

    Thanks for sharing your week with us. And congrats on making it through 31 days. That takes a lot of stamina and perseverance. Enjoy your weekend with Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Known and loved...it doesn't get any better than that! It sounds like you've gotten a lovely taste of grace lately. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Karrliee
    Oh, how I experience last weekend at Allume through all your stories. Even though I couldn't be there, it feels as if a part of me still was. Yes, dear friend, grace is what keeps our world spinning around and around.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grace. How we need it. And how it's always there when we just stop and open our arms to it. God bless and see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love that you were able to spend time with your husband! How perfect!! And I know the feeling of being alone when you are surrounded by people. I love that Jesus was quick to remind you of how very much you are loved.
    And how wonderful to have time with Rebekah!!! God is so good. And yes, there is much grace for you, my friend. I look forward to reading what you have to share- when that time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grace!! its a good thing ~enjoyed your 5 minutes Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you got to explore! I hope you took lots of photos and that you are going to share them with us! You are definitely more than just a random face in the crowd. You are a wonderful voice that we all need to hear. Thank you for sharing yourself with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive