GRACE - Five Minute Friday...
Last week at this time I was sitting on the floor in the Dayspring Lounge, typing my FMF post on my phone - live and in person at #Allume! This week, I am sitting across the table from my sweet friend Rebekah Ellis from Three Bees Blue Bonnet
Oh but - first - the fine print: if
you don't know what FMF is! Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo
Baker. It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in
yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what
everyone is writing about today - click HERE!
The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no
deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write!
Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at 10pm
Thursday night (EST.) I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and
the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!
So - here goes: Five Minute Friday, sitting across the table from an old friend whom I just met this afternoon inrl! The Word Prompt is: GRACE
Grace... oh Lord how I need it!
I mean - on any (every) given day... I need it like oxygen!
But this week - this crazy, busy, lovely week filled with cross country travels and #Allume awesomeness (and a little not so awesomeness thrown in for good measure) and... well - Grace... and a little down time with my toes digging in sand... that is what I needed post-Allume. I have had no time to process... to digest... to know what all really happened for me but even in teh unknown of what was imparted and what is shifting around within me - I trust Grace is at work there too!
A little strolling through Biltmore Estate gardens (thanks Logan!) and wandering down the side streets and alleyways of Asheville (thanks Jessica!)... and walking King Street and hanging out at Battery Park in Charleston... and let's not forget the hours of roaming the shoreline at Isle of Palms or the marina at Charleston resort... all of that was Grace! A gift to me... for me... to experience it all with my Honey. A full schedule but not a bossy one! We are nearly Empty Nesters and oh how we needed a get away to push us into our next season, and remind us of the Grace that has gotten us through up until now!
My Honey - He was, to me, Grace extended...
...for when I felt all alone in the midst of crowds, Dave and Jesus assured me that I was not... that they were there all along and that to them - I was loved... I was known. What more could i ask for, really?
And here now... across a kitchen table, on a borrowed laptop, after a full day of travel... Grace extended from a new friend who is kindred and sister and only 'new' in that we hadn't yet met face to face... but that has gloriously changed today!
Grace - when we look for it... we find Him andAll is Grace - for when we look for Him, we find that He has been here all along!
Oh - and let's not forget the end of #31days ya'll - that right there - THAT is grace!
(Can I get an Amen from the other #31Dayers?)
I will take the next few days to soak in a little MercyMe and Kari Jobe, some Christine Caine and Jen Hatmaker... and enjoy spending some one on one time with Rebekah... and then I will process my Allume experience... I'll be back and will write my #31Days wrap up post, and on my Allume experience soon... until then... Grace, sweet friends! I am asking for Grace!
- ► 2016 (120)
- ► 2015 (202)
- ► 2014 (182)
- Five Minute Friday - Grace
- Encountering God in your Traditions... Day 31
- Day 30 - Encountering God in the Quiet
- Encountering God in all the Noise... Day 29
- Encountering Grace in Motion - Day 28
- #31Days of Encountering God ...in Joy
- Encountering God in Brokenness - Day 26
- Together - five minute Friday
- Day 24 - Praying for Allume
- Encountering God in Friendships - Day 23
- Encountering God in Church - Day 22
- Intercessory Prayer - Day 21
- Day 20... A little Worship and Prayer
- That Thing I Do Now - Vol 15
- It's all in the Climb - Day 19
- Encountering God in the piles of Laundry... Five M...
- A Treasure to Behold - Day 17
- World Food Day - #31Days of Encountering God
- Encountering God while finding my Story... - Day 1...
- The Shape of Things to Come... #31Days Day 14
- Psalm 121 Remind me, Lord! (Day 13)
- You Know me... You memorize me - Day 12
- That Thing I Do Now... Vol 14
- Ordinary God Encounters - Day 11 (Five MInute Frid...
- Day 10 - Encountering God in Prayer
- Encounters God in Parenthood - Pt 2
- Encountering God in Parenthood - Day 8
- Encountering God in Marriage - Day 7
- Intro to Listening Prayer - Day 6
- That Thing I Do Now - Vol 13
- Treasure Hunts & Oh How He Loves... - Day 5
- WRITE - Five Minute Friday AND #31Days (Day 4)
- Day 3 - How He peeled back the veil and saved my s...
- Early Encounters with God (Day 2)
- What IS an Encounter with God? (Day 1)
- ▼ October (35)
- ► 2012 (64)
- ► 2008 (16)
- ► 2007 (30)