May 31, 2014

That Thing I Do Now - Vol 46

Happy Saturday, everyone!  Can you even believe it is almost June? JUNE, you guys?


It's crazy to me and yet, of course, I am loving it! All this talk of loving the weather is not over, because as much as I adore Spring, Summer is where it's at! (That is, until - of course - Fall arrives and is all swoony-like and romantic! Yeah - Fall is my favorite for sure... but let's not tell Spring or Summer just yet, alright?)

I have managed to collect little bits of Awesome from across the Interwebs once again! I hope you enjoy these little Gatherings! I can't believe we have spend nearly an entire year of Saturdays together already! I suppose once we hit the official Anniversary - we should do something fun(ner) or have a giveaway or something!  I will think on that one! I have a few more weeks to plan! 

Until then, here we go... 

Happy Reading!
Enjoy!

* This one by Mike Foster over at Storyline on If You Turn Down Your Noise...
"But I need a way to escape the silence, so I take that risk.

I need my noise.

We’re like this with a lot of things. We get so used to the convenient, low hum of our white noises of choice that we are no longer comfortable just sitting still. Quietness and being alone with our thoughts can be scary. We need a little something extra to drown out the silence."

This post by Jen Hatmaker on Parenting Teens...
"There is a super high chance your teen will ENORMOUSLY SELF-DESTRUCT. Need I remind you of our adolescence? They will lie, cheat, rebel, succumb, resist, disobey. They will do this, because they are no different than EVERY GENERATION THAT EVER PRECEDED THEM. But that is not the end of their story. It wasn’t the end of ours (thank you, Jesus) and their best years are ahead of them too. If they wobble, stick with those wonky kids. They will remember how their parents remained steady until they course corrected."

* This post by Sarah Bessey in which it all locks into place...
"Then there was the moment when your husband sent you home to sleep at last. You hadn’t slept in days, maybe that’s the reason why the sight of him there in that hospital bed beside the child you both love did you in. You kissed him heavily because here is someone who loves your child the way that you love your child. This is what love looks like: tired faces, relief, exhaustion, and still one foot in front of the other..."

* This post by Duane Scott over at Scribing the Journey on the Kingdom of Heaven...
"Being a Christian, I believe, is more relational than theological. Because a man can get lost within his Bible; can get lost learning and studying and then one day, he looks back at his life and realizes he never lived it, never lived discovering the power of the cross and the Man who died there.

Yes, a man should close his Bible sometimes and open his arms to life, to the hurting and lonely, to the world.
For then, and only then, is his the kingdom of heaven."

* This one by my sweet friend Ashley Larkin over at Draw Near on opening our rusty gates and why it matters...
"And when you see the rust on my gates,
and call even that beautiful,
because you understand it’s my human wear and tear,
my journey and my story,
the part of me that longs for shiny eases up a bit and exhales
because it’s good to be known."


* This over at The Huffinton Post by Emma Gray on 11 Ways Maya Angelou Taught Us To Be Better Women...  "In celebration of her incredible life, here are 11 lessons all women can learn from Maya Angelou..."  Hint: They are all great... I can't pick just one... (just click over and read them all!)

* This post by Glennon Melton on how you (we) all need to Find Yourself a Maya...
"Join the procession. Find yourself a Maya to follow and Be a Maya to the woman marching behind you. "When you learn, teach."That's how Maya taught us to keep our mighty, sacred sisterhood rolling on. And while you march, remember: "You are a child of God. Stand up straight." -- Dr. Maya Angelou

I'm sorry for your great loss, Oprah. We will miss you, Mighty Maya."

* These posts from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace wbecause I couldn't pick just one this week... 

This one HERE where I talk about Being a Bride... 
"This Stirring...  this Longing... this Pride and 'She chose me!' and Love spilling out all over the place?  This is what He sees every time He looks at us!"

... and this one  HERE  where I talk about feeling All. the. Feelings. and how Friday was Moving Day for our Only Nearly All Grown Up Girlie...
"You learn the rhythm of being a Mama by the day in, day out beating of hearts finding their own song... and just when you think you've got it down... well, a bridge. A new verse."


Finally... our video to wrap things up because that is how we do... This week... a KickStarter video, because - Reading Rainbow!





So - what did you think? Had you read these yourself already?  Did you find something that is not listed above? If so - share some Linky Love in the Comments below!

OH - and seriously... check back on Monday where I will be talking about Psalm 103 - you're not going to want to miss it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive