July 21, 2013

The Exquisite Fragrance of Christ


Happy Sunday!

I couldn't help but think of the verse below last weekend, as we strolled through fields of lavender and breathed in that intoxicating scent... and I wondered, "What do people smell... what lingers after I leave the room?" 

Lord - let it be the fragrance of Christ...

“I got it, thank God!
 In the Messiah, in Christ, God leads us from place to place in one perpetual victory parade. Through us, he brings knowledge of Christ. Everywhere we go, people breathe in the exquisite fragrance. Because of Christ, we give off a sweet scent rising to God, which is recognized by those on the way of salvation—an aroma redolent with life. But those on the way to destruction treat us more like the stench from a rotting corpse.
This is a terrific responsibility.

Is anyone competent to take it on? No—but at least we don’t take God’s Word, water it down, and then take it to the streets to sell it cheap. We stand in Christ’s presence when we speak; God looks us in the face. We get what we say straight from God and say it as honestly as we can.”

                                                                2 Cor 2:14-17 The Message Bible

Let what lingers behind me when I leave a room... when I walk away from a conversation, be a sweet sweet smell that has undertones of grace and joy, but is dripping over the top with love!  This is a 'terrific responsibility' - but let's not make it harder than it is supposed to be!  

Out of our time and intimacy with Him, He flows and no matter what I dab on my wrists and neck before I leave the house - the essence of what I want people to notice is not a brand name perfume - but that when I walked by... they catch the scent of Jesus!

I pray the same for you!

Speak Life. Be Love. Shine On.

~Karrilee~

I am linking up with sweet Barbie over at The Weekend Brew today


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive