July 25, 2013

Five Minute Friday - BROKEN

I missed out on the Twitter (turned fb) party tonight... I so love this gathering, but I had an opportunity to attend a conference in town that creates for me an atmosphere of Heaven that I cannot pass up!  So while I missed being with the Awesomeness of #fmfparty... I was entering in to His Presence with a couple hundred friends - listening to Him remind us of who we (really) are... of how He doesn't see us as Broken...

But - first - the fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at one minute past midnight Friday morning (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday -BROKEN...

{GO}

For so many of my years... I was afraid to fail.  Afraid to try... afraid to be Broken.

It's only been recently that He has stirred me up and called me to Lean In... to Embrace Change... to look for ways to Take Risk... invited me to Dream again...

When I saw the word prompt tonight... my thoughts immediately went to some photographs I snapped while in Redding, CA - capturing some of His creation...

These beautiful butterflies...


 they were breathtaking...

  
- and EVERYWHERE...


  

...and then... there was this one:
  

This one - more than any of the others... captured my attention!

It reminded me of that old Martina McBride song, "Broken Wing"... the chorus ringing loudly through my mind... "And with a broken wing, she still sings.  She keeps an eye on the sky.  With a broken wing, she carries her dreams. Man you ought to see her fly."

How often do we get wounded... or fear getting wounded... and just shut down, thinking it is over?  Sometimes, it is just the mere thought of it that causes us to shelve our Dreams and settle ourselves into no more flying.  Even when we are more than able... we believe a lie, and give up hope.

But there is such Beauty in Brokenness - such Grace to see this one fly, from flower to flower... amidst the others... uninhibited... unstoppable - keeping an eye on the sky.  Can't this be us, my friend?  Can't we - in all our Brokenness and Failings... be Beautiful - not in spite of - but BECAUSE OF?

I so want to Lean In... to take Risk and to remember that even if I fall... if I fail... He never sees me as Broken... He sees me as HIS OWN... as His Beloved... and Man - He LOVES to see me fly!


{STOP}

Inching up to the Edge... Dreaming Big (God-Sized Dreams)... and feeling ready to fly!
What about you?  Where do you feel your Dreams taking you lately?  I'd love to hear!

Speak Life, Be Love, Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "BROKEN"  


Five Minute Friday


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive