July 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday - BELONG


So - while I was out with my Honey, strolling our small town Thursday Night Market (which consisted of NO produce whatsoever and very few vendors - unlike our Sunday Market that displays all of our locally grown beautiful harvests and vendors galore - but it did have some great live music, and greek food - so it was still a great night), it turns out that the one and only Ann Voskamp was hosting this weeks' #fmfparty.  I will push away the feelings of missing out - because... well - because as much as I hate that I missed out on that... I stayed present in 'real life' and connected eye to eye, heart to heart, hand in hand, with my hubby and some great friends! Real life Community may not always be as exciting or impressive as some of our online gatherings - but in real life... flesh and blood and tears and grasping fingers and arms squeezing tight... this is where I belong!

But - first - the fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at one minute past midnight Friday morning (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday -BELONG...

{GO}

I have lived over half of my life now, by his side... my hand, slipping into his; my heart safely melted into his care.  



It was in the Spring of '92... and it took months before either of us let our guard down to say those little words... I didn't want to say them first, 'forcing' him to say them back out of obligation... and so we danced around what our hearts were clearly singing and we refused to put pressure or to say something so pure and wrapped up as such a gift - flippantly, or lost in the moment.  

So we waited for the other to take the risk... to say it first... to really MEAN it.  

It was in the blur of emergency and hospitals and rushing across mountain passes... it was the chaos of loosing life - or at least sight - hanging in the balance and battling against fear that was so tanglible and thick that I could barely gasp in enough air to press on...  in the midst of all of that... it was a phone call and an answering machine and a quick message giving an update ending in, "I love you."

I didn't even realize that I had said it... Didn't even catch myself until the phone had returned to its' cradle for several long luxurious minutes - and then, too late.  

Maybe he didn't hear it... or wouldn't think twice... or maybe he would.  The pressures of unknown surgeries and transporting my parents, weary and worn out from trauma and scares, took over and pushed all thoughts of those words slipping out away. 

And then I returned... and it seems he HAD noticed... and he HAD heard... in fact, the story goes, that he replayed that message left in haste over and over again... for he had felt those words too - and wondered if I felt the same... 

He had set up a song and fixed me dinner to welcome me back... and he waited, we ate... he played the song, and at it's last note, he said it right back to me... 

I love you.

And right then and there... I knew where I belonged.
Right then and there... I promised that he would never have to wonder... not one night or day... ever again. For - just as the poem, and the song, said,

"I Carry Your Heart with Me... I Carry It In My Heart!"





{STOP}

Wow - that was something? This is a true story... my Honeys' and mine...  and the reason why I missed out tonight on what seems to be an amazing twitter gathering is because I was right where I belong still! By his side... hand in his hand... hearts melted as one...  (I was practicing what I preached earlier this week about the art of living a balanced life!) But know that I am oh so grateful that when I AM able to join in with Lisa Jo and the #fmfparty - I am blessed to know that I belong there as well!

Speak Life, Be Love, Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "BELONG"  


Five Minute Friday



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive