July 4, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Beautiful


Who even cares if it's a National holiday and families are wondering where we all snuck off to... it is Thursday night, people... surely they should know how to do the Math and figure out that it is time for our weekly rendition of #fmfparty - where a talented gathering of Awesomeness circles around a one word prompt - but while waiting for the word - we circle around each other... (I should say I type this out all boldly - but I bailed before the Word was up to cuddle with the family for bit... still - you get the point!)  This ridiculous, hilarious crowd of creatives feeds my soul and stirs me up... encourages and uplifts me like no other!  This gathering, in and of itself, is sheer beauty!

But - first - the fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at one minute past midnight Friday morning (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday -BEAUTIFUL ...

{GO}

As someone who creates - whether with a camera in hand, a paintbrush, fingertips to keyboard, or a spatula or scissors grasped with purpose - I look for Beauty all around me.

I hunger for it and oh how Beautiful can just Dance and Swirl around you, Wrap around your Heart and Squeeze Gasps of Air just right clean out of you.  



Beautiful.  Breathless.

I pray to see things from His perspective... to love like He loves... to BE and SPEAK and SHINE... I want to Drink in Blessings, and Count Gifts both Big and Small...



If we but open our eyes, we will see Beautiful surrounds us every day... for Beauty resides within us!  We are Beautiful... YOU are Beautiful - for we are made in His image and let's be honest... have you ever - I mean EVER - seen anything or anyone more Beautiful than Him?

So as I wake and focus and go about my day... I am a Hunter of Beauty and a Finder of Grace.



It's in the simple ways... like how your body craves oxygen and the way your heart pounds faster unexplained in moments of sheer inspiration... moments of divine revelation... when Love walks in and makes Himself at Home in your Heart... 

It's in the flowers reaching towards the sunlight - basking in His glory and giving praise right on back to Him... It's in the giggles of toddler whispers, the pre-teen "I love you, too's" and graduate "I miss you so's"... it's in the way you tilt your head and just bust up laughing, throwing your head back and feeling the fullness of the joy that has overtaken you.  It's in the soft touch and slow love and the warmth of knowing my place, right here beside you.  It's in the purring cat at my feet, and the stack of books on the table...



...and it's in the way He speaks to me Beautiful... 
He says it like it's my name... and it is!
It's your name too... 


{STOP}

Speak Life, Be Love, Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "BEAUTIFUL"  


Five Minute Friday


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive