April 18, 2013

Throwback Thursday: When it's going way too fast...


This is Thursday...

This is what I believe the kids these days
(& tweeps everywhere)
call "Throwback Thursday"...

This is me writing about how
I can't believe how fast this year is rushing by
& how it really does feel like I blinked
& fast forwarded
from this:



to this:




Sigh...

(#TotesAdorbs - I know!)

I can still remember being a new Mom...
still trying to find a rhythm & confidence...
trying to look like I knew what I was doing
- way back when I used to care
or think that was even possible! -
I remember countless times
when the Mama's of
older (grown) littles
would warn,
"Don't Blink!"  

Oh, how I wish
I would have listened!

I didn't know...
- didn't understand...
I could never truly grasp
the depth of their hearts' cry...

I have an Only... 
One Shot at this thing called parenting...
   (A lot of pressure - on her & on us!)
She has been a joy to behold,
a heartbreak to let loose,
& an honor to claim as ours.

Although - really... really - she is His!


I remember when she was all of 4
& sitting on the foot of her bed
& praying with her as she asked Him in
& gave her life over to follow hard... 

I remember when she was 6
& would not back down 
& I came to her defense 
& stood tall behind her,
only to find she was bold-face lying...
her - (mine...) with curls & batting eyelashes,
justifying sin... 
at 6...

I remember when she was 8
& 10 & 12... (& yesterday)
when we would crack up out loud
- belly laugh with our mouths wide open
& heads tilted back...

Joy & Love & Grace infectious
- spilling out everywhere!

I remember the good times - yes...
the bad times - ...yes.

I remember that in EVERY time
- she held my heart in her smile,
& her sing-song voice that has always,
always sung my name... 

It seems I blinked & we went from
Grade school & playdates,
to Graduation & Prom!



We are dress shopping & waiting for her
Cap & Gown to arrive
& it just doesn't seem possible!

I went from Blinking unaware,
to Blinking back tears...
& I can't stop time.

I have loved every single moment...
even the hard eucharisteo's...
(thankfully they were few...
but hard & eucharisteo, they were!)
for through every moment...
she's remained right here,
by my side & in my heart,
under my skin right from the start.

She is a joy & a treasure
& something to behold...
and for her,

Life is just beginning...

& yet... she promises me...
in whispers at bedtime, 
& in the way she leans in to a hug,
she promises me that a part of her will
Never Grow Up...




Speak Life. Be Love. Shine On.
~Karrilee~


1 comment :

  1. Oh girl... praying for your sweet mama heart right now... just praying that God will give you a glimpse of her over the next few years and how you have helped to shape her into an image of Him! Love you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive