April 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday - "JUMP"


I know I say it every FMF Post - but seriously ya'll - the #FMFParty over at Twitter on Thursday nights is the biggest blessing that has come my way in a long, long time! It has given me a Community that has welcomed me in and embraced me warm... I love how our chat times range from talking Mom stuff, Nutella, God stories, prayer requests, and... well - ball fringe alpacas, if you can believe that!

So - first - The fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at one minute past midnight Friday morning (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday - JUMP...

{GO}

Jump!!!  Just inch those toes
right up to the very edge
of the Great Unknown...
and Jump!

It seems the wind has blown me up here...

all paths leading & intersecting
& pulling me up higher.

Higher must be good, yes?

I think so... it feels good...
the air is fresher,
& while my legs are on fire
& my lungs are burning...
I know higher is my goal -
so I push through the fatigue...
I push through the confusion
& the really really REALLY
wanting a guide -
like a real life Siri -
in the flesh,
& maybe with some
iced tea in hand.  

I push through,
expecting the reward to be this
amazing vista down below
- & a view out ahead that is
painted with color & magic.
I am expecting Heaven on earth
& I am learning that that is
not too much to ask for.

Instead I find myself at an unexpected cliff.
All roads led me to here...
there is no other way. 
But can this be right?
Did He really lure me
all the way up here
just to have me jump?

Everything you have learned
on the way up to Here
has prepped you, my Beloved... 

Jumping is Trusting...
remember how I am All In
& how I hold you in the palm of My hand?

Remember how I have called you
& gifted you & how this year...
yes, this year
- I promised you some
Surprises?

Jump, my dear...
Fly with Me!

{STOP}

So - that was not my normal (well - 'normal') approach... but there it is! No editing... no back tracking... and really - what more could I want? Is this not what we all want? A whisper... an invitation... a date to FLY... to Jump into this Great Adventure with both feet off the ground in a freefall?

Speak Life, Be Love, Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts!
Click here to read what others have to say about "JUMP":
Five Minute Friday

...and on a COMPLETELY non-related note...
"Alpacas are social herd animals that live in family groups..."

Can I get an Amen?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive