April 26, 2013

Five Minute Friday: "Friend"


I was so sad to miss the#FMFParty last night! My hubby invited people over... on a Thursday night?  While we joked on Twitter of me stashing the laptop in the bathroom to be able to 'check in' from time to time - instead, I turned it off and tuned in to what - to whom - was right in front of me.  You know... 'in real life' (not to say I didn't momentarily pause in thought, wondering what ya'll were talking about!)

So - first - The fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at one minute past midnight Friday morning (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday - "Friend" ...

{GO}


Well I should have seen this one coming!  Honestly - with (in)RL finally upon us - isn't this word what is closest to our hearts and swirling around our tongues this weekend?  whether we are reuniting with old friends - or making new ones... Friend is what we are looking forward to tomorrow at (in)RL! 

Friend... Oh how we need one... and oh thank God that He IS One!

For we learn how to be a friend to others in how He is a friend to us, for He IS a Friend who sticks closer than a brother!  


He brings friendships into our lives and with each individual one of them - we have an opportunity to grow... I don't know about you - but I have a variety of 'styles' of friendships. 

I have fun and light friends... all games and laughter - rarely any serious talking or solving of the worlds problems going on when we gather.  I love these friends - they are so refreshing!  I  am finding as I get older, however, I gravitate more to the other 'style'... because the other style includes all of this - but grows down deeper and offers so much more!

This style I call my life long friends - with whom I have grown and stretched and tested boundaries... these are the ones who have stuck by me when I was lost, misguided, or in the wrong - they stood with me when I was in the battle, losing the fight, or barely holding on... these are the ones who had my back and bended their knees, who held my heart and my hope and pointed me back to Him... 

I have friends who WANT to be friends... and who are good at it.
friends who NEED to be friends... and they are learning...
and I have friends who come and go... near, then far... as the seasons change.
I have friends '(in)RL'  and I have friends whom I know by heart - by name...
but not (yet) by voice recognition!

I have friends who know me... who love me... who invest in me... and in being friends with them - in STAYING friends with them - I have learned how to be a friend.  Mostly because to me - at any given moment, these are the friends who are like Jesus with skin on when I need to feel and touch and see and know first-hand, like Thomas!

{STOP}

I am so very thankful that I am so very blessed with some amazing friends who, I pray, are teaching me to be an amazing friend to others!

Now I am off to gear up for (in)RL!!! Bring on the Scones!!! (and yes, I will be serving them with a side of #Nutella... it just sort of goes without saying!)

Speak Life, Be Love, Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts!
Click here to read what others have to say about "Friend":
Five Minute Friday

Meet our Mascot Fluffachu...
"Alpacas are social herd animals that live in family groups..."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive