March 7, 2013

When you WANT to stress out...



...but He just won't let you!

It's not like I haven't been here before!  (It's been a few years, I suppose - but still - I know this routine!)  I have the honor of attending a Women's Retreat and was asked to teach a couple of workshops while there.  Aaah yes - this is what I LOVE... to pour out, to share Him, to love on one another, to be real and talk long, to create Community.  In fact, this is exactly what I 'put out there' when Holly Gerth invited us all to be bold and tap out our God-Sized Dreams.

OK... not exactly.  But it's close. I would much rather the workshops be on Intimacy with God, on Worship or Prayer, or teaching the Word, or even leading a How-To class on scrapbooking card making, or decorating... but this? A workshop on Prophetic Art... now this is out of my comfort zone.

Ha... that is a sort of inside joke... you see, THIS is the artwork He had me do for the retreat itself:


Yeah - did you notice that 'Comfort Zone' on that clock... He can be so funny, right?

It was the beginning of this crazy busy week, and I had lists miles long for every single day when I was already running behind.  My sweet friend, the first one to arrive for our small group, rang the bell as I was finishing up the vacuuming.  I let her in and saw that she came bearing gifts.  Well - one, really - and a LARGE one at that!


Aaah - White Lilies!  She couldn't have known I had just switched out my decor and skipped right over St. Patrick's Day and brought out hints of Easter here and there. She couldn't have known how seeing this gorgeous bouquet through out my week helped to remind me that no matter what was on my bossy list - I could rest assured that God could handle it (even IF I didn't get everything done!)  After all... doesn't Luke tell us to consider the lilies?

"Consider the lilies, how they grow.  They neither (wearily) toil nor spin nor weave; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory (his splendor and magnificence) was not arrayed like one of these." (Luke 12:27 Amplified)

The meaning or symbolism of White Lilies includes Purity, Modesty, and Sweetness.  My friend couldn't have known that it was at the LAST Women's Retreat that I taught at where the Lord told me I was called and gifted to be 'Gooey for Jesus'; that His 'Sweetness' flowed through me.

This is my hearts desire - that this weekend - that ANY weekend, on any given day throughout any week... His Love so shines through me, that I pale and His Glory and Presence shine bright.  It won't matter what I teach or what I say if all the ladies come away with is me.

What I want them to know - to see - to really 'grab hold of' is Him.  Him - at work in and through each of them whether they consider themselves creative, or not! After all - as I will share - Prophetic Art is not so much about skill... it's not about me, or them - it's about hearing Him and painting out of what He says.  If we learn and remember to do that - the art will reveal the Artist. The very Artist who created these gorgeous Lilies...

... and every single precious sister/daughter/friend sitting in my class, and every single one of you reading these very words!

Yes... I needed those flowers this week!  For when my flesh would cry out to stress and worry; when I found myself, distracted, glued to YouTube (thanks again - you know who you are!) instead of preparing my Powerpoint... I would catch the scent, or pass by and drink in the Beauty and remember... "Consider the Lilies..."

So - I am as ready as the Lord will allow me to be... after all - you can't really completely prepare for a workshop that is based around prophetic ministry!

I am confident that where I may fail - He never will!
After all... Consider the Lilies!

Speak Life, Be Love, Shine On!
~Karrilee~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive