March 21, 2013

Leaning in to Live your Dreams


"Once your dreams get so big,
they need houses, yellow rooms, empty vases." 
                                                           ~ (#301) Monique Duval




Holley Gerth has a book out, entitled "You're Made for a God-Sized Dream"... you can get it here!  In full disclosure, I have not yet read it... I have plans... Oh - I have plans!  But I have stacks and stacks of books and little to no time to read what I already have lined up - and yet, I am pulled to this idea of Dreaming again! I find myself Leaning In!

I encourage you to get this book... I really do plan on buying it myself and digging in!  In the meantime, I have been following her posts on her blog about this and joining in with the community of God-Sized Dreamers and I don't know about you - but I am ready for my Dreams to awaken again and for them to get so big that they need houses, yellow rooms, and empty vases - (preferably all at the beach!)

My life, while it IS charmed, is nearing a(nother) new season.  We are fast approaching the Empty Nester season. For nearly half of my life I have poured into this one... this precious incredible beautiful creature that has literally and figuratively stretched me... pushed and pulled me... broke me and held me... She became my dream... my focus... my most important ministry.  That has not changed, but it is shifting and I can feel stirrings of Dreams beginning to reemerge!


                                                                                            (Original Art by Karrilee)

"And what does it feel like?" we asked.
"Well," she said, leaning over to us like a secret,
"it feels like a gust of wind blowing inside your heart.
 It feels like bright yellow paint." 
                                                                             ~ (#81) Monique Duval

Can you feel it?

I pulled out this treasure of a little poetry book when I got out my decorations for Spring... you will be finding  several quotes in my posts next week from Monique Duval's book "The Persistence of Yellow" and I hope that her creative words will reawaken dreams and joy and hope within you, as they are doing for me!


I invite you to dream with me... no matter what your season - let me say that again... hear me... hear HIM through me... 

no matter WHAT your season... He has some God-Sized Dreams that He is wanting to blow through your heart and invite you to live out!  

Lean in... Dare to Dream...

What are your Dreams... how can I pray with you to Lean In?

Speak Life. Be Love. Shine On.
~Karrilee~








3 comments :

  1. Dear Karrilee
    This is my first totally empty nest year. It is hard, but I love all the time my husband and I spend together now. Sort of getting to know one another all over again. When we stop dreaming, I think we stop living as well.
    Much love XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful my friend. My eldest daughter married in June, but I still have three at home. Won't have an empty nest for a while, but as my kids grow older and more independent, I am learning how to let go! LOVE your art piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive