April 15, 2016

You Make It Easy... a Five Minute Friday post.

It was great to be back in the swing of things tonight over on Twitter for the #fmfparty! If you write for Five Minutes and link up - but have not yet made your way over to Twitter... well, that is really where this Tribe, --this Community, thrives! Twitter parties aren't as hard or confusing as you may think! Join us on Thursday nights for fellowship and fun, while we wait for Kate to give us the one word prompt!

This is Five Minute Friday (- a five minute timed free write) and our One Word Prompt for the day is: EASY and this one is in honor of my Mama...

{GO}

I'm the baby of the family... the million dollar baby... the miracle that survived.  I've written about my early arrival before...  I am also the only one of my siblings still living in our hometown and I am blessed to live right next door to our parents.

I know.  I know that I take this for granted and I should be more intentional in spending time with them. I think when the option is so readily available, we forget to take advantage of it. Next week my sisters are coming to town and I can. not. wait.


Yesterday was Moms' birthday and we will celebrate when we are all together but here's the thing: God has provided for her and my Dad in ways that while they would not say they are rich, they are definitely not wanting.

She is so blessed... she is kind and giving and funny.  She draws people in and is charming and infectious and warm.

This is all wonderful. It makes it easy to want to shower her with gifts, but it makes it hard to actually pick out a birthday present!

I don't know about your parents but my mine are at the age where they are already giving things back to us... cleaning out the house and old photo boxes and regifting things we gave them years ago.  

I think this is a normal thing, right? Either way, however, it makes giving anything new tricky.

What I want to give her is the assurance that her one life matters... that she is loved and honored and cherished.  That she has done amazing things with her life --even though so often we can feel small and ordinary... we can feel invisible and insignificant.  

We can fall for the lie that if we are not famous or wealthy, that we haven't really made a mark on the world.  But she has... she still is, and this is how:

She makes it easy to love.  

She is far from perfect, she'd (sadly) be the first to point out, but she lives her life ready to love.  She speaks life and encouragement to others. She is a giver and sower and oh my how she is a lover of love. 

My gift to her would simply be to let her know that we see.


We have seen the sacrifices that she has made for each of us... and the way she lays down in order to lift us up.  We see her heart and her hopes and her dreams for us to have more, to be better, to reach farther... and because of how she is living... we are better off for it and we are thankful.

I'm sure we'll all tell her that next weekend... in one way or another.  But I want her to know that her children really do rise up and call her blessed!


 {STOP} 

She really does make it easy to love... her, yes - but through her example we have watched and seen... we learned how to love... how to forgive... how to stay... how to laugh and cry and be real... we have learned how to be a mother, a sister, and a friend... We are learning still!

Happy Birthday, Mama! I love you so!
(We'll have cake and celebrate when all your babies are under your roof!)



Linking up with Kate Motaung and the #fmfparty Community today.  Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click HERE to read what others have to say about: "EASY"

The FMF lowdown: The gathering happens on Twitter on Thursday nights & then we write our hearts out & hit publish all over the interwebs on Thursday & Friday (& sometimes on Tuesdays!) It's where we encourage & uplift... where we share prayer requests & praise reports... where we talk food & friends & we find support & kindred hearts. It's where we are reminded that life is good & God is good & we're not alone... & then we all write for five minutes flat, a flash mob of wordsmiths letting our hearts & our fingers do the talking tapping & we hit publish before we can second guess it all away. We'd love to have you join us!


P.S. Don't forget to go HERE and enter to win a copy of Looking for Lovely by Annie F. Downs! You're gonna LOVE it!

15 comments :

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your momma. I think our mommas would get along splendidly. My mom has not lived an easy life at all but she is such a lover of love; one of the kindest women I know. Love you friend! I, over in the #6 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are right... I bet our Moms would get along --because we get along so well! ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much, I am humbled my beautiful daughter, my miracle baby. As I have watched you in your life fully develop your giftts, I know why you were saved by God to do the work with the talents you were blessed with.. I knew If you lived God had definite plans for you and that I could not get in the way.. I have been blessed with my three daughters more than anyone can even imagine, I am looking forward to having the three of you together again..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your mom sounds like such an amazing woman! I hope ya'll have an absolutely wonderful weekend celebrating her! I am sure she is well aware of how much she is loved in return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kadie! I'm sure we will have a great time! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Ah, this is so beautiful. I hope you have a great time with your family and get the chance to share these great words with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my friend! I'm sure it will be a great visit! (And speaking of visits... somehow we must point ourselves in your direction this summer and make a trip!)

      Delete
  5. Happy and blessed birthday, Karen, I believe Ms K just gave you the greatest gift!!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one Mama heart to another (to another!) --it's like you get me! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Aww..what a sweet tribute to your mom! I hope you have a wonderful family visit with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Thanks for stopping by! (And don't forget to enter to win a copy of Annie's new book #LookingforLovely!)

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful post, Karrilee. I'm sure your mom is proud of her children. :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gayl! I am praying for you... I'm sure your Mom was proud as well! xoxo Hugs to you, friend!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Karrilee. I appreciate your prayers! Blessings!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive