January 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Cherished (Part 1)


I was SO sad to miss out on the Twitter Party that happens on Thursday nights (#FMFParty) where so many in this gifted gathering of writers meet up to connect and be real and eat chocolate and wait for Lisa Jo to give us the Five Minute Friday prompt... I had saved some of my yummy Cherry M&Ms and was ready to chat and write together but after a full day of working (which involves sitting in this chair, looking at this screen) my eyes were done and my head was pounding!  Still... it's Friday... and I can't keep myself away from this amazing BOLD freeing exercise of seeing a word prompt and writing wild... for five minutes.

Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at one minute past midnight Friday morning (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes:
Five Minute Friday - CHERISHED

{GO}

Cherished... just pondering the word itself stirs up Flashbacks of how I have always known it.  I am cherished.  I have always known it, but I haven't always felt it.  No, there are memories that come in a flash that feel anything but... it feels lonely, dark, unprotected, forgotten, wounded, invisible... it feels like truth, but I know it's not.  I haven't always remembered that though.  Somehow, it's easy to forget.  But in the deep of who I am, and in knowing Whose I am, I know.

Flashbacks come in the story of my miraculous surviving of birth and blood battling and too many 'She's not gonna make it through the night' warnings... of how tears and pleadings came 6 weeks after I first gasped for air and finally... FINALLY my skin was soothed and held by the one who pushed me here.  I believe it was in that mothers' touch that healing first rushed in. I knew... I was cherished.  From that moment on, it was spoken over me, whispered to me at bedtime, said about me... "God has saved this one... She has purpose.  She is cherished."

Things can be said about you, but still life unfolds and reality can come crashing in - but how many times is reality not real? Good and bad spilled out around me, from within me, and I grew... There were moments when I remembered, but months when I did not. And then, suddenly, I came face to Face with the One who cherishes me most... and somehow I fell madly in love with my husband and my Lord at the same time and I had never felt such power in the true Truth of how I was cherished.  Again... romance ebbs and flows and motherhood can rob you of focusing on more than your own heart beating outside of your chest and religion can bind you and use you and you can reach the end of being tired of being tired.  You can so easily forget.

It's not in your doing... it's in your being... and always - no matter WHAT you do or be... you are cherished!
Yes, you! Always!

{STOP}

I am so wanting to continue this line of thinking... of revelation... of remembering! So I think I will refer to this post as Part 1... and write on! You can read Part TWO here!

Do you know -really KNOW, friend, that you are cherished?  Because I can assure you without an ounce of hesitation that you are! Oh, how you are!  Join me in traveling through flashbacks... seeing how He has loved you all along the way to here!  What stirs in you when you hear that word: Cherished.  I'd love to hear.

~Karrilee~

Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts!
Click here to read what others have to say about "Cherished":
Five Minute Friday

I am also linking up with Jennifer over at Studio JRU and her Creative Sneak Peak Fridays:
StudioJRU


14 comments :

  1. Beautiful blog! It is so easy to forget that there is indeed One who always cherishes and loves us just as He has made us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karrilee, my friend, I feel my tears coming--the beauty of your thankful heart, the praise for His rescuing you, and the awareness of the gift that you truly are, from the moment you breathed your first breath, and even before. I love how you end with that beautiful heart of yours reaching out to us, your prayer that we would each know, too, inside and out, how we are cherished. I love you, sister. You are such a gift to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:35 AM

    Beautiful story - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, Karrilee...what a beautiful testimony of how your life began, and how much God cherishes you...Thank you for reminding us of whose we are...grateful...blessings to you :) Thank you so much for your encouragement at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "God has saved this one... She has purpose. She is cherished." WOW! Loved this post about your beginnings and the knowledge that you were purposed even before your life ever began. You are cherished, a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so good and after 26 years of wandering in the wilderness and the Lord plucking me from the pit of hell, I KNOW I am cherished! And I thank Jesus everyday for carrying this lost sheep home. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So restful that it is in the being. So nice to meet you through Studio JRU sneak peek friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from In the Studio - thanks for sharing your writing here. So good to be reminded that we are deeply cherished by or Creator and Lord. Enjoyed getting a glimpse into your story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed the Twitter party...it is so late for those of us in the east. We are not cherished in our doing, but in out being. Yes! That will be my new prayer for myself and my girls, a new truth to internalize.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karrilee,
    You said this beautifully. Knowing I'm cherished and feeling like I'm cherished don't always go hand-in-hand. For the times we don't feel it, it's so important to know and believe that we are cherished by our Father God!
    Visiting from Barbie's today.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in quite an emotional state this morning. I cannot stop crying. Oh what love the Father had for you, that He saved you at birth and made His love known for you. Oh yes, you are cherished, forever cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh girl...this was my favorite of yours...this.

    I do know I'm cherished, but admitting it is something that's taken me years to accomplish. I'm not sure why--there's so much freedom in claiming what's true!

    (and I missed you at #FMFParty !) HUGS..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so beautiful, Karrilee! You are cherished. We are cherished! So happy you shared your precious writing and this reminder with us 'in the studio' this week. Hope you join us again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to meet you! It's grand when we know we are cherished! A whole new world opens up for us! I believe one of the most successful deceptions of our enemy is his continuous gnawing at our confidence of being loved and cherished by God and by a whole family of brothers and sisters in the Lord. We really need to hold on to the TRUTH! Blessings! Patsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive