April 29, 2016

Ages Pass and Seasons Change... A Five Minute Friday Post

I was in and out last night at the party... but it was so good to check in and connect with the most amazing online community of flash mob writers around! Ya'll are my people!

This is Five Minute Friday (- a five minute timed free write) and our One Word Prompt for the day is: PASS

{GO}

I went for a walk this morning with my girlie and it only rained a tiny bit. 

She texted me last night, asking if I would walk with her everyday. Early(ish).  I told her I would walk with her on most days but I have a life and I have a routine... 

But always - when she calls, I will be there.  

She will be 21 in just a couple of weeks.
How can this be?

I remember 21. 

My life experienced a lot of change during my 21st year. Two of the biggest and best were meeting both Jesus and My Honey. I remember feeling like everything and everyone changes and for this girl who loved to think everything could remain the same - that was a hard truth to take.

And then I met Jesus and in the midst of everything spinning and leaving and changing, He promised to hold my heart still, to stay... He promised remain the same. 


He is the ONE THING (--ahem, Person!) that will. not. change. 

There is no shadow of turning with Him! He can be trusted and counted on like none other.


Anyway - she called and asked. And so of course, I said yes! And it only rained a tiny bit. 


We talked of life and friends and all the changes... all the spinning and leaving and adulting that can be so hard.  Well - we didn't talk about all of it. She's going to be 21 soon after all and I am well aware that there are some things we don't talk about.  And yet... as much as I will drop (almost)everything to be there for her --with her.  There is still only one thing that stays the same...

"Kingdoms Come and Kingdoms Fade
But Always You Remain.
Ages Pass and Seasons Change
But Always You Remain..."

When I came home and saw the word prompt the first thought that came to me was this Scripture from Genesis:
“My Lord, if now I have found favor in Your sight, please do not pass Your servant by." Genesis 18:3 NASB

Is this not the cry of our hearts still today? 


With all the changes and all the upheaval and all of the unknowns in our world... don't we want to be assured that we have found favor in His sight and that He will not pass us by?

I know it is for me!

Here's the deal: 

As long as we are walking with Him... He will not pass us by! 


And here's the other deal:

I don't know about you... but for me? Well - things always tend to go smoother when I let Him lead anyway! It's the times when I have found myself out ahead of God that I have found myself worrying that He will pass me by or that I am off track. It's then that all the chaos all around me can make me dizzy. But when I walk side by side, and let Him lead, I am reminded that, just as the song says, kingdoms come and kingdoms fade, but always, He remains!

My girlie and I went for a walk today... early(ish)... and it only rained a tiny bit.


 {STOP} 

I love the bridge in this song... it has been on repeat for awhile now in my spirit! I pray it breathes a bit of rest and hope in to your soul as it does to mine!





Linking up with Kate Motaung and the #fmfparty Community today.  Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click HERE to read what others have to say about: "PASS"

The FMF lowdown: The gathering happens on Twitter on Thursday nights & then we write our hearts out & hit publish all over the interwebs on Thursday & Friday (& sometimes on Tuesdays!) It's where we encourage & uplift... where we share prayer requests & praise reports... where we talk food & friends & we find support & kindred hearts. It's where we are reminded that life is good & God is good & we're not alone... & then we all write for five minutes flat, a flash mob of wordsmiths letting our hearts & our fingers do the talking tapping & we hit publish before we can second guess it all away. We'd love to have you join us!



14 comments :

  1. I always learn a little something new about you...glad I didn't pass this post by. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you did there! I'm not sure what you learned, but I am gladd you didn't pass by this post, too! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So glad you got to spend time with your girlie and that it rained just a little bit. Oh so much THIS: "
    With all the changes and all the upheaval and all of the unknowns in our world... don't we want to be assured that we have found favor in His sight and that He will not pass us by?" Yes I'm so glad that God doesn't pass us by. Love ya friend! I'm in the #5 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God for walks and friends and only a tiny bit of rain when the clouds threaten storms... and praise Him for drawing us near, leading us out, and not passing us by all at the same time!

      Delete
  3. The whole time I read your words I kept thinking of the line from the song, "Pass me not, O gentle Savior." Aren't we the most blessed people on earth that He doesn't pass us by? That He stops and invites us to take His hand? That He'll even wait as we throw our tantrums?

    You and your girlie are in my prayers. I remember 21, too. May she grow to be strong and wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen... we are the most blessed people on earth! You speak the Truth, my friend! And thanks so much for the prayers... may we all grow to be strong and wise! ;) Love you, Marie!

      Delete
  4. "And then I met Jesus and in the midst of everything spinning and leaving and changing, He promised to hold my heart still, to stay... He promised remain the same."
    Beautiful Karrilee! This one is going in my journal of quotes!
    XO
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow... that is a huge honor, my friend! I can only imagine how amazing that journal must be! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Awww, Karrilee - He promised to hold my heart still, to stay and remain the same, also and oh how I needed that! (and still do). Walks with you and your girlie, that touched my heart. Sweet, inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shanancy! It's always a blessing to to find a kindred spirit!

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you got to spend time with your girlie! I got to spend the weekend in Spokane with Sarah :)--bliss! It's so good to talk with her and walk all over (in the rain), and run a race together. And I'm oh, so glad that God will never leave us or forsake us and that he's a better leader than I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita - I saw your photo's from the race! How fun! I'm not a runner - I only took it up for maybe a year or so... but even walking, I have thought of doing Bloomsday! I love that you got to do it with Sarah!

      Delete
  7. Love hearing about your relationship with your daughter, Karrilee! You're a good mom! Thanks for this encouragement this week! Always appreciate your presence at FMF! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.. on a good day, I'm a good Mom! Mostly - I am honest... and that makes a huge difference! ;) I love being a part of the FMF community and I so appreciate how you took up the baton and have kept it growing... bigger, and deeper! xoxo

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive