Between last weekend, and my Sole Hope Shoe Cutting Party, and this weekend with hosting an If:Local Gathering - I have not been on The Internet a whole lot this week. Because, you know, I am busy not stressing out and not looking on Pinterest. (Really... this is truth... on both points - uh, mostly!) Still - it's taking a lot of time to not do those things somehow?
So - here is a slightly smaller gathering... praying for this weekend for all of the If:Gatherings happening, in Austin, TX and all over the planet; Believing that, as Sarah Bessey states, "Aslan is on the move!"
Happy Weekend and Happy Reading!
* This one by Ann Voskamp... how it made me want to hold my own Mama's hand on the shore... or just from across a table. How it made me oh so grateful that, at least for now, I CAN... "When you wake to losing someone, you win love. When you realize that what you have, you will lose — you win real eyes. You win grateful joy."
* This post by Michele-Lyn Ault over at A Surrendered Life, on When You Think What Yo Do Doesn't Count. "Size has little relevance in the the Kingdom of God, in God’s eyes. We put the relevance on size. He wasn’t asking me to embrace a small success. He was asking me to embrace a quiet one."
* This post by Jamie Wright over at The Very Worst Missionary on how Grace Waits. "It's a clumsy kind of Grace, to be sure. But it's there, ever present, relentless, loving, hopeful and redemptive, rolling with the punches, slowly and gently building a better woman in me."
* This one from Saskia Wishart over at SheLoves Magazine on The Prayer That Connects (plus - bonus - a chance to sow!) "...'Your kingdom come, your will be done.' The sound rises up stronger, a mish-mash of memorised translations, accents and tones. This is a picture of that kingdom, this room full of translations and accents and tones. 'On Earth as it is in Heaven' ..."
* Ya'll know I love me my Five Minute Fridays... (that, yes, start on Thursday nights over on Twitter!) and there are always LOTS of Awesome to found in that link up... this week? My sweet friend Ashley Larkin nails it with the Word Prompt: Write. "Like playing in the snow, writing is effort, and it is joy."
* And oh my stars... in case you missed the announcement this week, here is the line up of speakers and session leaders for Allume 2014. (It's good, ya'll! Really, really good!)
* This post right HERE from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace on What You Most Want to Hear on Those Very Bad Days. "When the whispering lies of a shouting enemy make you deaf to the still small Voice of love, how does one break through? What reminders are needed on those kinds of days?"
Lastly... A video... because that's how we DO!
I tap this out with trembling, hesitant fingers... saying - this... I am feeling pulled to artistry like this... "Come Closer"
"Come Closer... Walk through this with me... There's a doorknob blowing like chance before you. Grab it, turn, and pull, swing, step through..." ~Anis Mojgani
What did I miss? Did you find anything Amazing online this week that I didn't list here? As usual, link it in the comments and share the love!