July 26, 2014

That Thing I Do Now - Vol 54


Happy Weekend, ya'll!  I hope you have some super fun plans... or, maybe, no plans at all (if that is how you roll!)  That makes me think of a John Mulaney routine where he talks about how, as adults, doing Nothing all weekend tends to bring a smile to our faces!



So - whether you do a lot of things (I hope they are fun!) or do no things (still fun... you see how this works?) I am praying that you get a few moments of down time to read through these great finds!

Happy Reading!


Enjoy! (Ya'll know to click on the authors' names to read their whole posts, yes?)

* This one by Crystal Stine over at InCourage.me on Living Unfiltered...
"There are no paparazzi waiting to take photos of me when I leave my house. My family isn’t preparing to star on a reality show about yard design or appear on the cover of a magazine.

But would you know that if you only knew me online?

When I play paparazzi to my own life, editing and filtering the bits and pieces I allow you to see, are you really getting to know the real me? Would you know that I struggle, have bad days and doubts, that my family fights and spends more time apologizing than posing for photos? If you were to meet me in real life, would you be surprised at the differences in what you thought you knew about me, or the similarities?"


* This one by Holley Gerth on When You Want to Live Less Tired & More Inspired...
"I sit with a woman as she describes a busy, hectic, gotta-change-something-or-I’m-gonna-pass-out life. All of what she shares is good…family, church, friends, community. But together it’s just all too much.

Sound familiar? One potential drawback of living in the land of opportunity is that we can treat life like an all-you-can-eat buffet and instead of being satisfied we end up groaning and holding our stomachs wondering, “Why did I do this to myself?”

One of the first things I always recommend when life feels like too much is an energy inventory..."

Seriously... take this inventory! It's simple and yet so revealing!

This post by Jefferson Bethke over at A Holy Experience on the What You Can Hold On To — Before Things (and You) Fail this Week...
"You can’t work no matter how hard you try. Any amount of work we think we can add to the Cross of Jesus is in essence saying “Jesus, you’re cross wasn’t enough.”

How beautiful is that though?

You don’t have to try harder, you don’t have to be better, you don’t have to do more, you just have to stop working and TRUST in the one who justifies the ungodly!


* This post by Patty over at Hearts Homeward on being Radical...
"I want to allow Him to have His way in my heart and life so that I can be radical for Him.  Sometimes radical is quiet.  It isn't always being a foster mom to 18 disabled children or selling all your belongings to go reach those who don't know Him in East Asia.  Radical is a heart stance.  It is the undivided love which looks at God and says, "yours.""


* This post by Kaitlyn Bouchillon over at It Just Takes One on Spiritual Warfare and When Everything Is Fine But You Aren't...
"Repeat what you believe not because you've stopped believing but because there is power in the name. He is light and darkness must flee. Whisper how much you love the Father, offer praise to His Son who was crucified and then raised to life, and gratefully ask the Holy Spirit to intercede when you have nothing left to give.

Go ahead - talk to the darkness. Tell it what you believe and feel free to mention how the battle has already been won. Jesus comes out victorious, so keep on whispering that name, friend."


* This post by Jennifer Dukes Lee talks about How to Make the Grandest Entrance...
"I put a hand on my new friend’s shoulder in that hotel lobby. We’ve spent the weekend at a retreat together. And it’s that time when everyone’s saying their goodbyes. People walk by, pulling wheeled suitcases behind them.

And she doesn’t flinch when I ask her some questions.

Her name is Sally. Her hair is pulled into this tousled ponytail. And she is wise beyond her years when she answers.

“My dad,” she says, and she pauses, while this wide smile stretches across her face like a sunrise. “It was about the way Dad walked into a room.”

Sally tells me more.

Her dad taught her that when you walk into a room, you never say, “Here I am!”

Instead, you say, “There you are!”



* This one by Ann Voskamp over at A Holy Experience on How Your Life Really Can Change (and what to do when change comes)... You can read it, or - BONUS - you can let Ann read it to you!
"He winks, shrugs his shoulders like it’s no big deal, like the weight of the world really can slip off your shoulders.

“So I changed my mind.”

And I etch that: Minds can change, kids can change, things can change, people can change, the world can change.

The unlikely happens, the unbelievable proves to be believable, and the unexpected turns around and brushes up against you and you remember your name, the hope in your DNA.

You remember: We get to change the world

* This one right HERE where I talk about how His Grace is like the tide, crashing into me...
"His Grace... His Love... His Tender Kindness... His Goodness... it crashes into me... washes over me... I can't stop it. I can't really run from it... if I want to walk on water, and I do, I must lean in and trust that the waves washing over will not overtake me... they will once again pull back out and leave me clean... refreshed..."


And of course... the video... because, of course! (Here is the clip of the above mentioned comedian... John Mulaney.) 

*Side note - this is in no way me endorsing drugs or alcohol... FYI (because, of course!)



So did you find any Awesome posts or articles that you read this week? Please share in the comments below!

3 comments :

  1. Oh YOU. Blushing to be included on this list & grateful for your kindness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much awesomeness here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly a light for the Lord- helping and encouraging others. Love you, friend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive