July 25, 2014

Finish - FIve Minute Friday

I missed out on the twitter party last night, but I found myself saturated in His Presence while attending a local conference with my Honey and oh my goodness... He is the ultimate Gathering of Awesome, right? What He spoke to my heart? Well - no surprise, it fits in nicely with our one word prompt today!


Oh but - first - the fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at 10pm Thursday night (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday - The Word Prompt is: FINISH

{GO}

So, I missed out last night over on Twitter with the Thursday night gathering of awesome... the flashmob of writers/encouragers who know how to write raw and real and live brave... or at least we are all learning, right?  I missed out on the fellowship - but this is what I was saturated in:


Worship. Powerful, lingering, waiting on His Presence (and oh my how He loves to show up and show off in that atmosphere!), hands lifted high, hearts laid low, bowing down and rising up, worship.  

And my, how it feeds my soul.  And my, how He is calling me back to this.  He is speaking to me through worship and through water.  

This is nothing new, really.  He always speaks to me while sitting seaside, toes in sand, breathing in deep.


 I feel tension leave, a refreshing spilling in and pouring out and it never fails... I walk away renewed.

I have written about here in this space - how we are Empty Nesters and how He is refusing to let me push right through that into what's next.  It seems there is an In Between and while it feels like there has been a bit of a death to a dream, He keeps reminding me:

You're not finished yet!

For the whole of my life, since I was 5... what I wanted most is to be a Mom. To stay home, to nurture, to raise up a life and I am blessed - BLESSED, I tell you - that I have been able to do that.  And yes, I know - we never stop being Mama's... it's a job never finished.  And yet - my days are wide open and while I can choose to fill them up with all kinds of good things, He is speaking to me about just being, once again.

Just sitting... quietly... waiting...

Not so much for an answer to a question, but for a refilling to an emptiness that I hadn't even really noticed was there.

And in the midst of worship last night... in between "Oceans" and singing of His Kingdom Come this is what my heart sang out:



Your Grace is like the tide,
crashing into me!





His Grace... His Love... His Tender Kindness... His Goodness... it crashes into me... washes over me... I can't stop it. I can't really run from it... if I want to walk on water, and I do, I must lean in and trust that the waves washing over will not overtake me... they will once again pull back out and leave me clean... refreshed... filled up to overflowing once again. 




A new day is dawning... a new season lies before us. Unfolding and unfurling and saturated in His grace. 

I am simply reminded that no matter what is going on in my life - in your life, friend - we are not finished yet!

Let's not try to rush it.  Let's walk along the water and sit by the sea... let the sun warm us and watch as the tide rolls in!


Let's let Him crash over us! 

{STOP}

I will be away next week, at the sea (well - not quite - but 'at the Sound' doesn't quite have the same ring to it!) but I hope to be 'here' because it will be Lisa-Jo's last week hosting Five Minute Friday and oh my goodness how I have fallen in love with her and this Community of writers who can't help but pour out words and love and sisterhood (brotherhood too, from time to time!)  The Five Minute Friday link-up will go on with a new host, Kate Motaung so we will continue to share and grow and support each other! But next week - well, I will attempt to be in two places at once because, Lisa-Jo! (Read: All the Feels!)





Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "FINISH"  




8 comments :

  1. Beauitful! So thankful he isn't finished with us yet!! So thankful for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First - what gorgeous photographs! I especially love the final one - it's sparkly and bright and reflective and refreshing... Second, don't you love God-moments? I started to write my post about how I'll never truly be done parenting, as you mention, but I changed it at the last minute and wrote something else entirely. It sounds like that's what's happening in your life right now, you aren't quite doing what you planned, but you know the something else entirely will be even better. God is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, thanks so much! It's hard NOT to get gorgeous photographs while at the Isle of Palms! ;) I will go read your take on the word prompt! I love when God directs us... trusting that - always - He has the best in store for us even if it doesn't feel/look like it at the moment! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I loved this post and your description of the empty nest/in between feeling (that we both share): "It seems there is an In Between and while it feels like there has been a bit of a death to a dream" And then what happens when you take your feeling to Him: "Not so much for an answer to a question, but for a refilling to an emptiness that I hadn't even really noticed was there." Such a beautifully written testimony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes... praying for refreshing and refilling for us both, my friend! Thankful you took the time to stop by today!

      Delete
  4. Our love for Jesus, blue toenails, the ever-changing sea, and FMF brings us together this week, Karrilee! Sweetest weekend joys to you, to yours ....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive