April 19, 2014

That Thing I Do Now - Vol 40


Happy Weekend, ya'll!  I am praying for you - yes, you! - on this Easter weekend!  May you experience His Presence... His Resurrection Power... His Redeeming Love in your love and in your gatherings, in all your celebrating and feasting and (egg) searching - may you find Him!   
Now... on to the Gathering of Awesome... in case you have a few spare moments this weekend!  Let's just dig right in!

Happy Reading!
Enjoy!

* This one by Jen Hatmaker titled 'If I Were An Advertiser' because, well - because it's Jen Hatmaker, of course.  "Listen, we would prefer you just talked real to us. We might actually believe you if you said, “This product will neither enhance your chakras nor transform all of your troubled relationships, but it might mostly remove the hard water stains in your bathtub. That’s about the most we can do here.” Super. Even better if you cast a tired-looking mom with dirty hair and torn yoga pants scrubbing the tub with an expression that makes sense for the task rather than a coifed lady in ironed linen capri pants smiling at her bathtub like this is the most fascinating moment of her day."  Tip - the comments - oh my... so funny!

This post by Shauna Niequist on Vulnerability & Cats! "Here’s what’s hard about vulnerability: we like the idea of it, but then it’s a lot harder to actually do or experience or feel than we think it will be. We think we’ll march right into it, command it, look it right in the eye, schedule it: here we go, getting vulnerable in 3, 2, 1…  But in my experience,  it’s a lot trickier than that."

* This post also by the amazing Shauna Niequist over at the farm at A Holy Experience about Communion. "I want all of the holiness of the Eucharist to spill out beyond the church walls, out of the hands of priests and into the regular streets and sidewalks, into the hands of regular, grubby people like you and me, onto our tables, in our kitchens and dining rooms and backyards.  Holiness abounds, should we choose to look for it."

* This one by Tonya Salomons over at Stone to Heart, sharing My Sin Was There...  "My sin was there on that day.  The day when betrayal's kiss pressed  his cheek like the iron that would pierce His skin."

* This post by Sarah Bessey from her trip to Haiti... seriously, ya'll - read all of her posts from Haiti - and the rest of the team with Help One Now that is there with her. "But every kid was frighteningly malnourished. A child collapsed to the floor and when Chris gathered her into his arms, he was told that she was hungry. Just hungry. It wasn’t her day to eat, you see. Tomorrow would be her day to eat."

* This from my friend Jennifer Dukes Lee, on the ultimate Preapproval.  "He loved you to death. And He’s loving you to life."

* This one by Amber Haines over at The RunaMuck, on the getting Back to the Grind after her trip to Haiti... "He was the one that told me he wants everything and also that he wants for nothing. To be near this one was to be near one at rest. I’ve never seen anything like it. The other men called him Monk. I met brothers there I didn’t know I had. I walked away from that conversation with him, and I knew exactly what I wanted for the rest of my life – for everything and for nothing. I thought, how unjealous I am of anyone on this planet. All I ever want for myself is the kingdom version of me, the exact thing He is making me."

* This post by Kristen Welch on how a dying man is teaching her how to live.  "He makes me want to say all the things that are left unspoken. He makes me want to cherish others every day. He makes me want to love freely and live in wild obedience. He reminds me he might not have a tomorrow.  He reminds me that I might not either.  A dying man is changing the way I live."

* This post right HERE from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace where I write my Five Minute Friday post on Glue... on Good Friday...  " We are all bruised and battered and windblown come Friday night... and as the skies turn black and death seethes ragged breaths and sings haunting songs of victory, it's easy to feel like the enemy wins.  We can lean back in defeat and come into agreement without even realizing it as our thoughts turn to 'he always wins.' Except... (But God...)  Except he doesn't..."


Lastly... A video! Because that is how we do...

And one more... a little (lot) less silly...
in honor of Easter...
All Glory... Nothing but the Blood
All Sons and Daughters                                      

Praying for each of you... yes, you...
to have a blessed and wonder-filled Easter weekend!




Again, if you found anything online that was incredible that I somehow missed, please feel free to link it in the comments sections and share the love!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive