April 12, 2014

That Thing I Do Now - Vol 39

Happy Weekend, Everyone!  I don't want to rub it in, but as I began this post (on a Monday night... because the Awesome just never stops getting published around the WWW...) I had my doors AND my windows open... at 9pm... in April? What the what?  Yeah... it was all glorious and WARM-like... as if Spring had been hanging around these parts for aWhile already! Anyway - all that gorgeous weather didn't keep me away from this screen and I have yet another Gathering of Awesome to share with you here... 

Happy Reading!
Enjoy!

* This one by Cara over at Little Did She Know with a post on finding a Bright Spot... "I was hoping that my daffodils would help me to slow down, if only because they sit still and beckon me with their flirty yellow presence." 



This post by Winn Collier on our humanity and being a Good, Good Human...  "Given that Christian faith rests on the fact that God thought so much of humanity that he insisted on it for himself, I cannot for the life of me understand why we Christians are often the ones most afraid of our humanity..."

* This post by the always amazing Shauna Niequist over on Storyline about being present... "I want to be where I am, and be fully there, instead of missing the things I’ve been looking forward to for so long, caught up in my fears and anxieties."

* This one by Scott Slayton on the power of sharing a meal, in which he shares about reading A Meal with Jesus by Tim Chester, and how it is changing him - how it can change us.  "When I finished this book, I sat back in my chair and thought, “how on earth have I missed this all these years?” The church has been trying for decades to come up with effective strategies to help Christians understand how to share their faith, and we have forgotten one that is simple, biblical, and effective- eat with people."

* This post by Kristen Welch over at We Are THAT Family on her new book, Rhinestone Jesus (#Squee!) and saying what can happen when we say Yes in our mess.  "After years of wondering if I was enough, I decided to say yes in my mess.  You just never know where your yes might lead."

* This from my friend Lisa-Jo Baker, our Five Minute Friday hostess with the mostess, with this post on story and our one word prompt, Paint"But she pulls me in – her gravity irresistible. How she needs to feel the colors. The purple under her nails. How she needs two full palms of pink before she lets go the little sigh that’s been bottled up inside her.
She’s all magenta and I’m all caught in the storm of creativity..."

* This post right HERE from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace where I talk about my love of testimonies, and open up the comments for you to share!  "I know my pentecostal roots are showing here, but I love me some testimony time!  We love to hear OTHER people's testimonies of how God showed up in their mess and came through and stretched them out and showed up big. We want all of that in our own lives too - but maybe without the mess, without the stretching and the desperate neediness. Yeah - we want God - but who wants to be broken and begging for mercy?"


Lastly... A video! Because that is how we do...
And Samuel Jackson matched up with Boy Meets World - in a Slam Poem? Um - yes, please?


Did you find anything in the Interwebs this week that was incredible that I somehow missed? As usual, link it in the comments and share the love!  

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous8:57 AM

    Love your round up of awesomeness...but the video is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - oh good! I thought it was so great... but sometimes my sense of humor - well - doesn't translate, I guess you could say? My Girlie LOVES watching the reruns of Boy Meets World so we are well versed in all things Cory and Tapanga... (and yes, we are excited to see the ENTIRE cast back from the sequel Girl Meets World... feat Cory and Tapanga's daughter!) ...because we're cool like that!

      Delete
  2. Just coming back to blogging after a hiatus and so glad to have come upon this list. Much reading to do...<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiatus - necessary, good and scary in this blogging world so I congratulate you for resting and being brave! Glad you are back - in whatever measure and form! Enjoy the reading... so glad you stopped by! (Off to read your post!)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive