May 31, 2013

Imagine... {Five Minute Friday}


I missed out once again last night - not making it back home in time to join the #FMFParty on Twitter. That makes two weeks in a row... and sadly will most likely mean three weeks in a row because next week... -well, next week is full of All Things Graduation and that means that we will have an Awards night and a friends' graduation on Wednesday, Baccalaureate and another friends' graduation to juggle next Thursday, my Girlies' graduaton on Friday, and an Open House Party for her on Saturday. Yeah - so the chances of me being at the Twitter Party next week is pretty much zero - but I hate to just come right out and say it! I miss the Community... the support and encouragement... the prayers and the laughter! But this... well - this is why I missed out last night:


(Dreamy, right? The lighting was magical!)

So - first - The fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at one minute past midnight Friday morning (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday - IMAGINE...

{GO}

With all this Graduation talk, I have found myself remembering the past, and imagining the future... envisioning a life without high school drama and early mornings running out the door... I'm thinking of dinners and breakfasts and movie nights for two, instead of three.  Don't get me wrong - as much as I love my Girlie and am not looking forward to her packing up her closet for the first time ever, and the quiet that will inevitably fall on our home - I AM looking forward to this next season.

I know it will still - it will ALWAYS still include her... but there will come a day - whether it hits me this summer, or in the Fall, or in two years - there will come a day when my Girlie falls asleep in her bed at another address.  But with the passing of one season - comes the unfolding of the new!

I am beginning to imagine a future... a bit more romance, and a little less busy... maybe more traveling and weekend getaways and probably less milk and Nutella in the kitchen! (ya see what I did there?)... I am beginning to imagine a future that is getting less uncertain, less intimidating, and more full of promise!

After all - I think I have read somewhere before that all of His Promises are Yes and Amen and I can imagine that after the busyness of next week - with all the reflecting back and pointing towards the future - I will be ready to lean in to some of the new; I will be ready for some of the Yeses and Amens!

{STOP}

What about you?  What are you leaning in to? What are you imagining as of late? I'd love to pray with you and come in agreement for some Yeses and Amens for you as well!

Speak Life, Be Love, Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts!
Click here to read what others have to say about "Imagine"


Five Minute Friday

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive