Happy Weekend, everyone! I pray you had a full week and are ready for a little Slow Down... or at least a little Busy Of Your Own Choosing!
That is ICE ya'll... and I am so over it!
* This one by Cara Paiuk over at the Huffington Post with 40 Odd Things she's learned in 40 Odd years! SO Good! (I was going to give you a sampling - but I can't pick just one... they are all great things to learn and practice!)
* This post by my friend Tonya Salomons on the power of Benches. "It's there friend. That bench that we've built together. It may be a little snow-covered. It may have seemed like the dark nights and mornings have hidden it from sight it, but it's there. The sturdy boards rising like a worship out of the white, a testament to strength of the ties that built it."
* This post over at The Momastery in the Sacred Scared series featuring Shauna Neiquist and Sarah Bessey. We are all the same, and there is such freedom in remembering that! ”World changers show up, with their insecurity looming and their knees shaking – long before anybody gives them permission to show up.”
* This one from my sweet friend Alia Joy on Hope for the Weary... "And when you’re having those heavy soul days where nothing fits right and the measure of you is not enough, you’ll remember there are days of joy ahead. Days when the grey skies clear a bit and glory reigns down."
* Ya'll know I love me some Jennifer Dukes Lee... every week, she blesses me. She has this amazing book (non-affiliate link) coming out that I am honored to be reading a bit early and ya'll - you are going to want to get your hands and your heart all over this book! This post is the launching of the Love Idol Movement, where we are searching our hearts and asking God to reveal and help us remove any idols we have taken up, replacing His rightful place in our hearts. Next week, at the kick-off of Lent, we will be revealing what He is showing us... what thing(s) we are laying down, giving up, seeking freedom from. We'd love for you to join us! "What lies does your heart tell you? Whose approval do you seek? What love idols lurk in your precious soul? Would you be willing to name it? Or him? Or her? Or them? This is us, together, letting go of what (or whom) is claiming real-estate in our hearts — real estate that actually belongs to God. This is about freedom coming."
* This piece over at Thinking Aloud by Heidi Stone on The Choices That Make Or Break Our Marriages. "We make little choices, all day long, to remember the gift of our companionship."
* This amazing post by Shannan Martin over at Flower Patch Farmgirl "I want what I want. I want my plans to succeed. I want to run shamelessly away from obedience then blame God for not running even faster. Here's my water, God. Turn me into wine. It's no coincidence that I'm waging war with myself right now. The timing couldn't be better. Though it's fighting to outlast my will, all clenched fists and gritting teeth, Winter's days are numbered. And with their end, Spring."
* This one by Deidre Riggs on How to Beat That Symphony of Negativity "I truly have to fight (and I do mean fight) to keep my head above the litany of naysaying that often unleashes itself in my heart and mind."
* This post right HERE from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace where I share about my passion and the new ways I am using the Power to Choose. "We have the power to choose... when all of their power is stripped away. They are locked up, locked in, no choice offered, no way out. But if we choose wisely - to awaken, to open our eyes and reach out our hands... we can hand out hope."
Lastly... A video... because that is how we do! (do do, do do...) Sometimes it is a funny... sometimes it is a worship song, or a short interview - but we always like to wrap this Thing up with a little something to look at.
...and this... well - this is something to see:
Yeah... you just can't unsee that!
What did I miss? Did you find anything Amazing online this week that I didn't list here? As usual, link it in the comments and share the love!