March 22, 2014

That Thing I Do Now - Vol 36



Happy Weekend, ya'll! This week, I have limited my computer time due to some eye issues... so this list will be much shorter this week!  But - hey... it's Spring! Thursday officially marked the beginning of this new season, at least on the calendar, and because I was limiting my screen time, my girlie and I went out for a glorious sunny walk to celebrate and welcome it in full force! I hope you are finding signs of Spring, here and there, wherever you are too! So you're welcome for the shorter list of Must Reads, and permission to go outside and play!


Happy Reading!
Enjoy!


* This one bold post by my friend Dana Butler - For the Days Your Weakness Crops Up. [again.] {the one thing that will bring lasting healing and growth}   "I’m learning to handle my heart more gently — to bring my weakness into the presence of the One who knit me together and intimately knows my heart’s needs.  To receive His truth as He whispers it tenderly, straight into my raw places. To open myself to His comfort in place of my former attempts at quick fixes in my own strength.



This post by Emily Wierenga on What Women Want "We’re all trying so hard to be who we think others want us to be that we forget who we are.
We forget that we are God’s creations. That God designed us uniquely. He doesn’t want us to be anyone but ourselves. He wants women who need just one thing–and that is, a love the world can’t give us."



* This post over at Jumping Tandem by Deidra Riggs on Faith. "Perhaps it’s because if a thing is to grow well it needs roots that reach down deep and that hold on tight, and all that root-growing takes place in the dark, dormant, worm-infested underbelly of the crust of the earth—places the light of day just can’t reach. I think, perhaps, the evidence of faith blooms in the sunlight as soft, vibrant petals that clap and cheer. But, the hard-won growth that matters and that holds, is the growth that happens in the dark."


* This one by Jamie over at Jamie the Very Worst Missionary on Desert adventures... "It was so entirely unexpected and so encouraging and so exactly what I needed, what I'd been needing for a long time - a voice in the desert to remind me..."

* This post by my sweet friend Andrea over at Seven Seven at Seven on Getting Over It... "Our ministry as His disciples is not a ministry of whoa-is-me.  Our ministry is a ministry of wow-is-God, blowing our minds at every turn."

* This post right HERE from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace "How do you hang on to Happy when you are Giving Up and Giving In... when the Lenten season is upon us and we are sacrificing, laying low, and bowing down?" Read more to find out!


Lastly... A video! Because that is how we do...
and I just think this should be EVERYONE's theme song!




What did I miss? Did you find anything Amazing online this week that I didn't list here? As usual, link it in the comments and share the love!  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive