May 24, 2013

The View from Here... Five Minute Friday


I hated to miss out on all the fun of #FMFParty last night... but between a sick girlie, still being limited to my laptop, battling a headache myself, and 'playing' with old pictures - well, my energy was zapped and my focus was a little scattered at best.  So rest won out... but know that you were all missed!

So - first - The fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at one minute past midnight Friday morning (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday - VIEW ...

{GO}

In two weeks, my girlie will be walking down an aisle... marching ceremoniously, keeping time with music, and I can only imagine that a midst the pomp and circumstance and all the caps and gowns, my View will be a bit teary, eyes swelling with flashback memories and a good dose of thankfulness. But that is getting ahead of myself...

This week?  This week - this is my View:


Snapshots of a life unfolding... of a love growing...
snapshots of the best thing I have ever done getting taller...

My, how time just slips right on by
when you are not paying attention!




My, how I wish I could slow it down,
drink it in, and not blink!



There will come a day when she will once again walk down an aisle,
march side by side, and cause memories to come flooding back...
but here I am, getting ahead of myself!



As I reflect back over the past 18 years - smoothing over the rough spots, and joyfully reliving the highlights - I am reminded of the One who sees all and knows all and holds us all in close.  Nothing surprises Him or catches Him off guard - and I reflect back and I see His hand so clearly through out all of the years... hedging in, building up, breaking through... and His View of us is always eternal... He is inside and outside of time and when He looks on us, He sees not just who we are now, but who we will be and who He created us to grow into.  

And as proud as I am of her...
she's not done yet!
And oh my heart,
how she shines...


{STOP}

Hmm - I really didn't want to write about my girlie - yet again - but as you can see, she just seeps in to everything I do!  (Finding the pictures definitely didn't fall in the 5 minutes... but oh how it was my favorite art!) Of course - this line of thinking of what HIS View of us is has stirred me up!  I think I will continue that  thought in another post for tomorrow! Look for it over at Barbie's at The Weekend Brew!

Speak Life, Be Love, Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts!
Click here to read what others have to say about "View"
Five Minute Friday

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive