November 8, 2014

That Thing I Do Now - Volume 69

I hope today brings with it a bit of a break for you... a pause, a moment to just breathe, to unwind, to relax.  Our weeks can be so hectic and often, our weekends are just as bossy... I pray you have carved out a bit of space and time to Rest and slow and feed your soul.


#iphoneonlyphotography Copyright by ~Karrilee~
November 2014, Leavenworth, WA

Featured today are posts by Lori Harris, Mary Geisen, Kris Camealy, Deidra Riggs, John Pavlovitz, Colleen Mitchell... and - of course - a video!

Happy Reading! 
(Ya'll know to click on the authors' names to read their whole posts, yes?)



* This one by Lori Harris with Truth Telling and the Bottom Rung...
" if I let the enemy have an inch of my thoughts in this process of truth telling, he’ll take the whole of them and spin webs of shame right round them, leaving me suffocating in the sticky mess.

I don’t know about you, but I’m not too keen on curling up and suffocating in a web of shame.

I have too much life to live and too many stories to tell.

There are so many ways I see God’s kingdom coming in my place.

And when I write what I see, I proclaim the fullness of God’s kingdom here.

God’s kingdom comes small and quiet here. I think it comes small and quiet most everywhere, but here, on my street and in my community, His kingdom is breaking through in ways you’d miss if you weren’t paying attention."


* This one by Mary Geisen over at Passage Through Grace with Crave Silence? ...Get God!...

"From the stunning beauty of God’s landscape on the drive home, to the still life pictures of my ordinary life throughout the week, each reminder was God’s gift to me of the stillness that is only found in Him.

Stillness is found in the moment when you open your heart wide and invite God in."


This post by Kris Camealy over at The Grace Table with Welcome To The Table...
"GraceTable is a safe space for conversation. This is a place to talk about the intersection of food and faith and how the practice of hospitality is less about what you serve and more about that you serve. GraceTable is a space where there are always enough seats, always enough food, and always grace. We are people who want to love across our comfort zones.

We know we won’t do it perfectly. We know it won’t always be easy. We’re okay with that because we know that when you lay down your life for your brother, there is no greater love.

We want to love greatly. 


* This post by Deidra Riggs with The Gift of Work...

"And then God placed you here to get to know him and to love him and to help him let the world know how much he loves them, too. He invited you to join him in the work of redeeming and restoring the world."


* This post by John Pavlovitz with Mom And Dad, You Suck at Parenting (And Here's Why That's Just Fine)...
"Mom and Dad, I know how often you hear those words in your head.

I know how easy they are to wear, in times of disappointment, rejection, and sadness.

I know how many days you look in the mirror and ask yourself, “What on earth am I doing here?”, and you get the answer back, “Failing.”

I know the way you can be in the middle of the frantic, monotonous, sleep-depriving haze of daily life, and suddenly get smacked in the face by the terrifying knowledge that you have just completely botched things:

You’ve said something mean or hateful to your kids that you’re afraid will stick to their souls forever.
You’ve lost your temper in a Hulk-style grocery store rage-out, and seen the terror in their eyes.
You’ve made a stupid decision in haste, or ignorance, or bad judgment and you just know it’s going to hurt them.

Welcome to the Sucky Parents Club. We’ve been expecting you."

* This one by Colleen Mitchell over at Blessed Are The Feet with Living Real In The Light...
"And I don’t know of it was the warmth of the environment or all the travel that came before and the constant dialogue about what is home that ran in my head and the sleeping on the floor in a Franciscan convent and the delayed flights that made me so vulnerable, or some concoction of all of it, but when the prompts came and the words flowed, they were not really that fun.

They were something all together different, the words evoked in that space: they were real.

And if you ask me what my most important take away from the weekend was, that is it:

We can use hospitality to create spaces where people feel comfortable enough to get real."

* This one right HERE with Enter With Giving Thanks...(Hello November!)...
"In my love of All Things Fall, one of my favorites is the sense of Warmth and Home that comes with him... Autumn is all flirty and fancy, with glory all around and he nearly begs for fellowship... for gatherings over coffee or tea, for meals around a table... for huddled hushed conversations in cozy corners at home or in a cafe...  

My desire now, is to open my door and invite you in! "


Lastly, we wrap This Thing up with  a video... and this? Well... You're welcome!
                 
Happy Weekend, ya'll!



2 comments :

  1. Anonymous7:18 AM

    What a surprise to see Twitter going crazy this morning because you blessed me by allowing me to share your home! Thank you for this and thank you for you for being so encouraging and willing to open up your home to others. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your post, Mary! You are welcome here any time, my friend!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive