June 7, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Fall


This week is full - of emotions, of reminiscing, of memories in the making, (and all the other more bossy, less fun stuff too!)  But - this? Well - this just takes 5 Minutes right? And as much as I have OH SO Missed the sisterhood of #FMFParty the past few weeks... I have purposed to remain Present and drink it all in!  (I hope to Party On next week!)

So - first - The fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at one minute past midnight Friday morning (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday - FALL...

{GO}

I have fallen in love with my life this week.


With all the reminiscing and remembering... all sort of softened by the Grace of Glory being seen from 20/20 perspectives... the whole "If I knew then, what I know now"... reflecting back seeing how it was, and how it all turned out so far gives a dreamy filter to so many things - even the hard... even the "Oh how I wish that never happened"s...

In all of my pondering and holding precious these years that have flown right on by without my permission... I have cried out more than once in utter thankgsiving for such a gift as her.  Such. A. Gift.  I know that there have been times when she has felt less than that... I own my blame in that, but oh how I strive for her to always know...

Having an Only can put a lot of pressure on.  On her... on me... on us all.

We. Have. To. Do. This. "Right."

We got one shot...

She is amazing and so while we give Him most of the credit, I hope that we at the very least owned up to our failings and pointed her to Him who will never fail her!  We are far from done... this Parenting Gig... it never really ends, right? But our aim was to raise a person with whom we would want to hang out with... and honestly - she's our favorite!

Today - she will wear her Cap and Gown... she will walk the aisle and walk arm in arm with girlfriends with whom she has grown up with... they will remember the drama and heartbreak, the history-in-the-making and the mundane-routine of an era that is really all they have ever known up until now! They will move their tassel, and celebrate big and her eyes will search the crowd for me... For friends, yes... for her Daddy, of course... but it's that moment when her eyes meet mine through the throng that I just know... I will fall in love all over again!

{STOP}

In her honor... and for her Class of 2013... this is the song that keeps running through my head and that is right now, blasting loud in this house... Long Live


Speak Life, Be Love, Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts!
Click here to read what others have to say about "Fall"


Five Minute Friday

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive