March 16, 2007

Show us Your face!

Show us Your Face, Lord!
That is the cry of our hearts...
we want to draw closer to Him...
we want to be intimate
& to know Him & be known by Him
on a deeper level...
We gather together in a small room each week
& we wait for Him.
& Always,
...He shows up!
One thing I love about Him is how
He always is able to speak to us
individually (- personally),
& corporately at the same time!
He is the Ultimate Multi-tasker!
He is able to do that because
He works inside & outside of time.
He is not limited, as we are limited.
He Multi-Tasks - so we don't have to!
He desires us to come to Him...
& push aside every distraction,
every worry, every list of things-to-do.
& wait for Him.
My, oh my - How He loves to show up for us!
So - this week, as the worship song cried out,
"Show us Your face, Lord..."
that became the cry of our hearts as well!
I closed my eyes & immediately
felt His Presence brush by me.
I can see myself following Jesus
down a steep trail in the forest.
He keeps turning around
to be sure that I am close behind.

The look on His face is different
on the way down!
You see, on the way UP
- it was His eyes of Love & Devotion
that drew me & strengthened me
to keep following Him...
to keep Climbing and pressing on.
It was an intimacy in reaching
our destination together
& spending time alone.
But, after our time alone,
His walk back down
the other side is faster,
& the look in his eyes
is pure Joy!
His face is bright & eager,
& He is almost Giddy, childlike,
& buzzing with excitement
as He leads me down the mountain side.
His laughter permeates the forest
& suddenly, as He rounds the last bend,
the joy remains, but it's Compassion
that is the most evident emotion
in His eyes now!
As He leads me into the Valley,
it's those 'Valley Experiences"
that draw out His compassion
& brings tears to His eyes.
He shows me the Brokenhearted,
& the lost, & those who are no longer
bound by chains,
but do not know that they are free!
His compassion overwhelms me.
He looks over His shoulder
& the excitement is there...
He is leading me to pour out
& point the others up to the top of the Mountain!
To share out of the intimacy
that we have just shared together!
The many faces of Christ...
He desires to show them all to us!
There is a 'knowing', a steadfastness,
an assurance behind every emotion
that shines through His eyes!
...because He knows...
He KNOWS!
(...whatever it is, He knows!)
He has the answer...
Seek Him & quiet yourself
to be with Him...
push aside the distractions
& seek His face...
He will show up for you...
He will answer you when you call!
His Word promises that!
("He shall call upon Me,
& I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him
& honor him."
Psalm 91:15)
I pray He shows you His love for you
& answers your hearts' cry!
"Show me Your face, Lord
Show me Your face
Then gird up my legs
that I might stand in this holy place
Show me Your face, Lord
Your power and grace
I could make it to the end
if I can just see Your face
Moses stood on the mountain
Waiting for You to pass by
You put Your hand over his face
So in Your presence he wouldn’t die
All of Israel saw the glory
And it shines down through the age
Now You’ve called me to boldly
seek Your face
David knew there was something more
Than the ark of Your presence
And in a manger a baby was born
Among kings and peasants
All of Israel saw the glory
And it shines down through the age
And now You call us to boldly seek Your face

Show me Your face, Lord
Show me Your face
Then gird up my legs
that I might stand in this holy place
Show me Your face, Lord
Your power and grace
I could make it to the end
if I can just see Your face
Yes we can make it to the end
if we can just see Your face.

Copyright © 1997 EagleStar Productions,
a Division of MorningStar Publications, Inc
Blessings,
~Karrilee~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive