July 3, 2023

MUSIC - A Five Minute Friday post


***

Welcome to Five Minute Friday! It is a community of writers who write for five minutes flat, using a One Word prompt --a Flashmob of writers all leaning in and seeing what spills out as the timer ticks away! 
This is a Five Minute Friday post...and our Word Prompt this week is: MUSIC!

{GO!} 

I see the prompt and I can't help it! I am a lover of music and I am well aware of the power it has in my life!  My first thought goes to how so many songs have the power to draw you back to a moment or a memory and what a gift that is/can be!  

While I love all kinds of music, it comes as a shock to no one that worship is my favorite! I'm married to a gifted and anointed musician... a worship leader who is intentional in creating space for the Holy Spirit to come... to interrupt... to take over.  

We long for those moments!

All kinds of music can impact us, teach us, remind us, and recenter us... on a recent road trip to just get out of town and up in the hills, we listened to a playlist by Hollow Coves. #Swoon!  Their music is so dreamy and beachy somehow... it begs to be the soundtrack of summer and it is so full of rest, too, that I think it will be on repeat for at least a month or two! 


I've been feeling the need and hearing the whisper to Come Away with Him again... I believe God is desiring to give the Body a season of Rest and I believe it is for a purpose.  Not only does He see and know how exhausted and tapped out many are feeling, but He also sees the Season just ahead, around the bend, and He knows... He knows, you guys, that we need Rest and refreshing before we go straight (back?) into battle!

This thought, of course, leads me to the verse in 2 Chronicles where we learn that the worshipers were put out front, leading the way... 

Music, man. 
  You guys? It's so powerful! 

We would do well to pay attention to the words and the message each song is sowing into our hearts and minds and spirits... and to  intentionally seek out songs that build you up, encourage you, arm you with Truth and the Word and Love overflowing...*

{STOP!}

As I used to preach to our Girlie in her growing-up years to pay attention to what the lyrics say! It matters! It matters what is getting in and influencing our thought life... music is a powerful tool! Let's be intentional about using it for good!  


I encourage you all to pray into a summer playlist that stirs up peace and rest, joy and adventure... and listen to it on repeat as the summer unwinds!

***

What are some songs/albums/artists you love that speak life and hope and faith into you? Share in the comments below! Maybe we can create a playlist with some of the suggestions - or at least learn of some new to us artists/songs to add to the mix!






















* - This marks my Five Minutes. Grace, please, as I finished my thought!






3 comments :

  1. Liked "We would do well to pay attention to the words and the message each song is sowing into our hearts and minds and spirits."
    Wise words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to forget to pay attention, is it not? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I appreciate the clarity and simplicity with which you communicate complex ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive