May 11, 2017

If We Were On a Coffee Date...

You guys!!!?  My friend Erin Salmon has a link-up called Coffee Date!  How am I just now knowing this? Well - you KNOW I had to play along, because of COURSE, right?  
So here we go:

If We Were On a Coffee Date...


If we were on a coffee date... Well, first off...
Oh how I wish we were! 


How I wish we were sitting across from each other in real life, sipping on something yummy and talking about all the things!

If we were on a coffee date, it would be beautiful... as in, for real... 


I love it when Coffee and Art collide!



As much as I love me some Starbucks, I am also a huge supporter of local coffee shops  and little hidden cafe's... and if they can make it pretty, that makes it taste even sweeter if you ask me!

If we were on a coffee date at Starbucks... I would totally buy your drink! And probably the drinks of the people ordering behind us, too!  I was one of the happy (and well-caffeinated!) winners of Starbucks gift cards from Lisa Jo Baker while on her launch team for Never Unfriended! Her team was super generous and you just can't keep that kind of love to yourself!


If we were on a coffee date... I would encourage you to just breathe... to sip and slow and to just sit a minute (or five!) I would encourage us both to unwind and relax, before we dive in! 

I have learned the art of slowing down and re-centering a bit. Of intentionally inviting Jesus in, and bringing my whole self to the table so we could be fully present with each other! (In fact, after snapping a picture for Instagram later, I'd try to remember to put my phone on Silent and put it away! After all... what could be such an emergency to interrupt our date? Very, very few things... to be honest!)

If we were on a coffee date...
You know - at some point - we would need to discuss All the Books! I love to read and usually have quite a stack going at once, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to know what is in your stack, or what I should have waiting for me in the wings! (My stack right now includes Playing With Fire, Whispers of Rest, Brazen, The Turquoise Table, and It's Not What You Think... in addition to the Word, of course! What's in your stack? Let me know in the comments!)

We would also probably discuss what you are watching/Netflixing and who has captured your heart through song lately! (For us? Designated Survivor on 'regular tv' is about all we manage to remember to watch consistently, and Life in Pieces is cracking us up on Netflix! As far as music, well --#insertbrokenrecord, Rita Springer is on repeat everywhere right now! Do yourself a favor and go buy Battle asap!)

If we were on a coffee date...
Chances are good we'd maybe walk there, if you were up for it!  

Where I live, well - it's desert land (but with amazing irrigation!)  We are well known around the world for our agriculture... apples, cherries, peaches, pears... as well as grapes for wine and hops for beer. (#yourewelcome.) So while it is technically desert (which means mostly sunshine and blue skies!) it is also lush and green and, --wait for it:  fruitful! 

All of this adds up to mean: I love to go on walks and walking to a coffee shop for a little date in the Spring and Summer time (and let's be honest: in the Fall, too!) is one of my favorite things to do! We can walk and talk, and then order something yummy - hot or cold --and sit inside or on a patio and be refreshed, before heading back home!

And speaking of Patios...

If we were on a coffee date...

Chances are really good, it would be right here... on my own patio... over coffee or tea made here at home. It may not have as much foam or fancy toppings, but we would be drinking out of cute mugs and barefoot, sitting on the patio partly in the sun and partly in the shade, with birds singing all around, with flowers in bloom to our right, and ...well, this view, to our left:


(I know, right?)  If only... if only you could swing on over and enjoy a slow savoring of the patio life, sitting beside me in real life... we could chat about what He is teaching you... how you are finding Him in your everyday life... we could share recipes, or talk about current projects and fun plans coming up... and we would Pray!  

Oh, how we would Pray!
...and, of course, we would also:


I'm linking up with Erin over at Erin Salmon Writes for her Coffee Date No. 12 Link Up.

I'm also linking up with the lovely writer communities linked below:


LORI SCHUMAKER FOR #MOMENTSOFHOPE













Barbie Swihart for #Glimpsesofhisbeauty
















So what about you?  What would happen if we were on a Coffee Date from your perspective? I'd love to hear! Share in the comments below!

7 comments :

  1. I would LOVE to be on a coffee date with you. I've always wanted to join this link up. Perhaps some day I will finally get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO IT BARBIE! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, Barbie! Do it!!! (And one day, my friend! One day - we will sit for an entire afternoon and just talk and talk and talk!) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh how I long for the day this will happen in real life! I can't wait to someday sit and have coffee with you friend. And of course, on my reading pile right now is "Girl meets Change!" The irony of this isn't lost on me. Oh sweet friend, love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day! But THIS day - I am praying that you are having a blast in Texas! Girl Meets Change... because God is Oh So Smart! Love you, too!

      Delete
  3. This was such a fun post! :-)

    I only recently discovered the deliciousness of coffee in a cupcake, YUM! And my husband turned me on to iced coffee. More yum. lol. Just thinking about it is making me want to go run out and get one. lol.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh - Coffee in cupcakes! Yum!!! Thanks so much for stopping by, Karen!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive