October 25, 2016

DAY TWENTY FIVE of 31 Days of Life Happens... and so We Pray! Praying the Psalms

I don't know about you but I know for me, I am sort of sad that this is our last Tuesday together this month!

I have really enjoyed praying the Psalms together with y'all!



As I said before, picking favorites is not my strong suit... but when it comes to talking about the Church... how could we not take on --and pray through-- Psalm 84?

If you haven't yet read this one in The Passion Translation, well--  hold on! You're going to love this!
Longing for God (For the Pure and Shining One -A prophetic song written by the sons of Korah Set to the melody "For the Feast of Harvest")
"God of Heaven's Armies, you find so much beauty in your people! They're like lovely sanctuaries of your presence.
So deep within me are these lovesick longings, desires and daydreams of living in union with you. When I'm near you my heart and my soul will sing and worship with my joyful songs of you, my true Source and Spring of life!  
Lord of Heaven's Armies, my King and my God, even the sparrows and swallows are welcome to build a nest among your altars for the birds to raise their young.
What pleasure fills those who live every day in your temple, enjoying you as they worship in your presence! 
(Pause in his presence) 
How enriched are they who find their strength in the Lord, within their hearts are the highways of holiness!
Even when their path winds through the dark valley of tears, they dig deep to find a pleasant pool where others find only pain.  He gives to them a brook of blessing filled from the rain of an outpouring.
They grow stronger and stronger with every step forward until they find all their strength in you, and the God of all gods will appear before them in Zion.
Hear my cry, O God of Heaven's Armies! God of Jacob, listen to my loving prayer.
God, your wrap-around presence is our defense. In your kindness look upon the faces of your anointed ones.
 For just one day of intimacy with you is like a thousand days of joy rolled into one. I'd rather stand at the threshold in front of the Gate Beautiful, ready to go in and worship my God, than to live my life without you in the most beautiful palace of the wicked.
For the Lord God is brighter than the brilliance of a sunrise! Wrapping himself around me like a shield, he is so generous with his gifts of grace and glory. Those who walk along his paths with integrity will never lack one thing they need for he provides it all! O Lord of Heaven's Armies, what euphoria fills those who forever trust in you!"

It's just so good, right? 
  So romantic!

Now let's pray through this together, shall we?

Oh God of Heaven and all the forces there, You find so much beauty in Your Bride! We are undone at how you look at us with such adoration and love. We are like lovely sanctuaries, hosting Your presence!

So deep within me are these passionate longings that beckon a deeper connection with you. Just being close to you stirs up such worship that I can't help but to let the joy pour out in songs of You, my true Source and Spring of Abundant Life!

Lord of all of heaven, and King of my heart, even the birds are invited to make a home among your altars to raise up their families.  What pleasure awaits us when we dwell in your House, and enjoy You as we worship in spirit and in truth! 


(Selah)

You, Lord God, make us rich when we find our strength in You... We find within us the highways of holiness... even when our paths wind through blind corners, dark valleys, hard times... we have learned to dig down deep to find pleasant waters when others may just find pain.  We know that even in trying times, You --the living water-- are near! We have trained ourselves to seek You out! You give us a brook of blessing filled from the rain of an outpouring! We grow stronger and stronger with every step forward until we find all of our strength is in You, and the God of all gods appears before us!

Hear my cry, O God! Listen to my loving prayer.


God, Your wrap-around presence is my defense! In Your kindness, Father, look upon the faces of your anointed ones. 

For just a single day of intimacy with You is like a thousand days of joy rolled into one! I'd rather stand at the threshold in front of the gates, ready to go in and worship my God, than to live my life without You... even in the most beautiful place in the world. If You're not there, I don't want to go! 


For the Lord God is brighter than the brilliance of a sunrise! Wrapping Himself around me like a shield, He is so generous with His gifts of Grace and Glory!  Those who walk along His paths with integrity will never lack anything they need for He provides it all!  O Lord of Heaven and Earth, and all the forces, what joy, what bliss, what ecstasy, what exhilaration, happiness, and elation fills those of us who forever put our trust in You!"

Amen?  



I'm also linking up with these lovely writing communities linked below:

Holly Barrett for #TestimonyTuesday


Kelly Balarie for #RaRaLinkUp


 Today is Day Twenty Five of 31 Days of Life Happens...and so We Pray! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

Tomorrow and Thursday on the blog, we will talk about what the Church looks like - both Inside and Outside of the walls!

10 comments :

  1. Wow! I've got to get ahold of the Passion version. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful? I love it so much! Reading through the gospels in the Passion right now and oh my! (But Song of Songs and Psalms are my favorites so far, I think!) But you know me and favorites... ;)

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of the passion version of the Bible! I am totally an ESV girl! ;) I really feel like I also need to do a #hashtag and say "prolly" girl. lol Hope you are having a nice week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Passion Translation is amazing! I can't wait for him to finish Genesis! #Swoon And yes... a Hashtag and a 'prolly' fit into ANY comment, really! #ForReal

      Delete
  3. Beautiful translation friend. And I am sad that praying the Psalms is over! :( Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I know... who can know if they won't make another appearance because I know I will miss them too!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous6:24 PM

    Karrilee, so beautiful. Sensing the closeness to our God through the Psalm and through your prayer. I am calmed and quieted. Loving being here tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and Amen! Is that not what we long for when we pray? A sense of closeness to our God? Being calmed and quieted? Yes and Amen! So glad you stopped by and prayed with me, my friend! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I had not heard of this version either. I love it! Thanks for sharing. It's so personal. I love it when the Scripture is made personal like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Passion Translation is amazing! The whole Bible is not done yet but that is the plan! I love it when Scripture is made personal too... after all, it's His love letter to us... it SHOULD be personal! ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive