September 30, 2016

31 Days of "Life Happens... and so We Pray!" - An Introduction




If you have been around this little corner of the interwebs much at ALL, then you already know how much I adore Autumn! Seriously... it's my favorite! (And if you have been around here much at all then you know that is not easy for me to say because picking favorites is not my strong suit!) 

Along with the arrival of Fall, comes the return of the annual #Write31Days challenge.  This is the fifth year that I have prayed about whether or not I should join in

This Writing Challenge goes out to bloggers everywhere, and the idea is to pick ONE TOPIC and write about that one thing, - Every. Single. Day. - for 31 days (aka October!)

I have not been silent about how tired I have been lately. My OneWord365 this year is Change and oh my goodness, Change is happening around here - and inside me --all. the. time. this year! As October was approaching, I prayed off and on even after He dropped the title into my spirit.

The thought of not doing it made me sad, but the thought of doing it made me want a nap! I was settling in to accept that I would not be playing along this year when suddenly, in a matter of minutes, God dropped the entire outline of post topics for every day of the month!

Well, alrighty then! I guess we are doing this thing!

I can't promise I won't be tired but I can promise I will be writing this with God and we will dive in to four different areas of prayer. I'm expecting to hear of answers coming every day as we read along and pray together for the things that are dear to our hearts because no matter what season you are in or what is going on all around or within you...


Life Happens... and so we pray!

I was talking on facebook with a friend about various prayer requests and updates and as we bantered back and forth about how Life Happens, when we both responded with,
"...and, we pray."  
Life happens... it does! The good and the hard come at us full force and we can choose how we react to it. Sometimes we choose wisely and sometimes, well... sometimes not so much! 

Always - the best way to handle how Life Happens, is to take it all to God in prayer!

Even after the title dropped in my spirit, I was settling in to the idea of not writing until God in His helpful, bossy way shot me a snapshot image of the entire calendar filled in! I grabbed a pen and wrote it out and so here we are... diving in together! He highlighted four 'categories' if you will, regarding prayer and what we will be praying about: Your relationship with God; Family/Marriage/Parenting; Healing; and the Church.

This will be our landing page, so bookmark this page and check back throughout the month as we discuss four areas of "Life Happens... and so we pray!" 

Starting tomorrow, October 1st,
I will add links for Each Day below!


DAY TWO:   Listening Prayer
DAY THREE: What IS Prayer?
DAY FOUR: Praying the Psalms - Ps 23

And finally:





Today is the start of our new series 31 Days of Life Happens... and so We Pray! This is the official 'Home page' for this series! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

2 comments :

  1. So excited you are joining in with us. God got bossy didn't he? :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive