May 7, 2015

When You Meet Under Nebraskan Skies... A Five Minute Friday Post

I said it a few weeks ago - how I almost never miss Five Minute Friday... and then I turned the calendar and saw that I would miss at least a couple in the coming weeks and I almost missed tonight as well! But I remembered... and I stopped in ever so late to the Twitter party to chat a bit and I will tap this thing out limited to my laptop because - you know, computer woes... but still - I am home, and I can not stay away!

{I can't say it enough, really - I love my tribe! The Gathering that happens on Twitter on Thursday nights and then flashmob writes out their hearts and hits publish all over the interwebs on Thursday and Friday (and sometimes on Tuesdays!) But, I know... I'm like a broken record here, stuck on repeat! 
However today I am thinking of a different community. Let's just get started.}

This is Five Minute Friday and our Word Prompt for the day is: MEET

{GO}

I already spilled out words about Jumping Tandem... a somewhat full recap of the amazing weekend that was, and you can read about that HERE...


But this is not that...



Sure, I met up with friends at Jumping Tandem. For some, it was a glorious reunion... (You know who you are!) and for some, it was the first time getting to hug and laugh and hear, not just read, their voice!

Again... this is not that.
It seems that I traveled hours and days to meet up with an ever present God under glorious trees and blue Nebraskan skies... 


I sat underneath a canopy of branches, feeling covered... sheltered... held.

I gazed up, and He was there.

I gazed out over rippling waters and winding paths, and He was there.

I gazed down at empty pages and written prayers, and He was there.

I gazed within, beyond shaky knees and a hopeful heart, and He was there.

I traveled to Nebraska to meet with writers, dreamers and friends and what I found was heaven on earth... who I met was Christ in me... full of glory.  

I know who I am... and Whose I am... but sometimes I forget that He is in me.  As in, for real... He fills me up and He leads and guides me and when He asks Big Things of me... He is the One... the only One, Who can bring them to pass... and suddenly I felt the pressure ease.

I gaze up... and out, and down, and within...
And He is there.

He is always there.

{STOP}

I loved loved loved meeting up with online friends... many of whom I 'found' right here in the Five Minute Friday Community. I knew I would find God there as well, but oh how He surprised me in all the ways He showed up!



I love the #fmfparty Community that gathers on Twitter and all across the Internet on Thursday nights and on Fridays... on into the next week, where we encourage and uplift... where we share prayer requests and praise reports... where we talk food and friends and we find support and kindred hearts and we are reminded that life is good and God is good and we are not alone... and then we all write for five minutes flat, a flash mob of wordsmiths letting our hearts and our fingers do the talking tapping and we hit publish before we can second guess... we just let Him flow!   Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "MEET"


Oh ...the fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays have been hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  This week we start gathering over at Kate Motaung's.  FMF is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at 10pm Thursday night (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

18 comments :

  1. God has a funny way of knowing what we need and when we need it. Sometimes it's in a change of scenery being reminded of his creation. Oh and THIS: " I gazed down at empty pages and written prayers, and He was there." Our posts are similar tonight. God meets us where we are at. I'm so excited to meet online friends in real life. It amazes me how I feel we've been friends forever. Jen D used the word "Heart clicks" in her post! And I love that! I have felt our hearts click my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes - Heart Clicks... I love that! And you! And of course our posts were similar... Kindred hearts tend to say the same things!

      Delete
  2. Yes! Isn't it astounding to know that God is IN us? I love those moments of being reminded of that.

    And I don't spend a lot of time in nature, but I find that gardening gives me a perfect time to spend with the Lord. It's quiet and I'm working with the plants He created, each of which is special in its own way. This week I've been planting flower bulbs, and I'm eager to see the flowers that grow from the little brown knobs that I just buried.

    Have a great week, Karrilee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, I love that! Thanks so much for stopping by! I am blessed that My Honey is the one who loves gardening, so he does all the work and I reap the benefits of gaing out at blooms and bees and butterflies and feeling a bit of heaven on earth adn His Presence sitting close! Praying as your bulbs grow and reach the sky - they will remind you of hte Glory of God!

      Delete
  3. I loved this post. I don't know what is more beautiful your words or the beauty of your descriptions. It is amazing to soak up God gifts of rest and refreshment. -Jolene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jolene, Thanks so much! Sabbath Rest is a gift that I am just learning to fully receive and lean in to! Thank you for stopping by! Have a blessed weekend!

      Delete
  4. "sometimes I forget that He is in me" <------ How often I forget this. Thank you for the reminder that I don't have to travel to Nebraska (even through that would have been amazing !!) to meet with Him.
    I really do think I need to travel to Jumping Tandem next year just to sit under that tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing that we can so easily forget this? But what a gift it is when he gently reminds us of the power that lives within us... His power - to love and live and move about... and yes - if there is a next time... we both need to try to make it my friend! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love when He does that, it is so easy to get busy and forget that God is always with us and loves to meet with and spend time with us. Great post my friend! That picture with all the trees...LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how easy it is to forget, right? Ah yes - you can't go wrong with pictures of tress! Thanks so much for stopping by, friend!

      Delete
    2. Putting my comment here because I love how your two five minutes lead you to such similar lessons! He loves to meet with us! He is ever present, here in us, and yet He lead us away at times to lead us back to what we sometimes forget... He is always with us! Praise Him!

      Delete
    3. Wendy - thanks so much for stopping by! He is always here! Amen!

      Delete
  6. Glorious, Karrilee - the photos and the words. Someday one of these retreats won't be thousands of miles and hundreds of dollars out of reach for me! ;) But...it's such a beautiful thing to be able to take the time to sit and watch all His wonderful goodness everywhere. So glad you were able to meet Him there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tiffany! I feel ya... we don't do a lot of cross-country traveling and it does seem like all the conferences are too far away... someone should fix that! ;) So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  7. He's always there. But sometimes we just have to stop long enough to see Him. And maybe go to Nebraska. Beautiful. You took me back there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and Amen, my friend! Isn't it nice to know that we can 'go back there' at any moment? At least in our minds and hearts? It was such a powerful tucked away weekend! Thanks for popping on over! Have a blessed weekend!

      Delete
  8. This has got me thinking. I don't know that I've ever really sat down and contemplated Christ being in me. I "get" it, as in I understand the theological concept, but I'm not sure I "get" the reality. Another post prompted me to make some time to be along with Christ, and this one definitely pushes me that direction, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's huge... and I don't think any of us really ever 'get' it fully because... #MindBlown - it's too much for us to comprehend! And yet... it's true... and when we catch even a glimpse of it and we remember, it has the power to change everything! And is that not why we write? To cause others to feel the need to get alone with Christ and spend some time with Him? Love you, friend!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive