July 11, 2006

In Whom Do You Trust?


This morning as I was forcing my eyes open, and body to stretch and greet the day, I felt in my spirit a drawing to His heart... I so wanted to linger there in bed, letting my thoughts fill up with Who He is and how good our God is! I did soak in His Presence for a bit, before allowing the daily part of my day to crowd in to my thoughts and beckon me out of the warmth of my morning meeting.

I was getting ready for Tuesday prayer, and I was asking the Lord what it was He wanted to speak to me today... "Romans 10:14".... Hmmm?! OK - I am not sure exactly what that verse says... so - (being me - and the way I am with Him!) I said, "Lord - I would love for you to give me a Cross Reference here... even before I look up that verse... "Psalms 23:2-3" OK - that one I know... So - after brushing my teeth, off I go to look up my Scriptures... this is how they read:

"But how can people call for help if they don't know who to trust? And how can they know who to trust if they haven't heard of the One who can be trusted? And how can they hear if nobody tells them? And how is anyone going to tell them, unless someone is sent to do it?" (Romans 10:14 The Message)

"He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake." (Psalms 23:2-3 Amplified)

Hmmm... yeah?! So - I read Romans 10:14 and, on my own - I would have Cross Referenced to Isaiah 6:8... but that is me... Since God Cross-Referenced me to Ps 23 I had to slow down and rethink it... When I prayed for more clarity - I was led to turn the page in my Bible and my eyes fell upon Psalms 22:4... In the Amplified Bible, it reads: "Our fathers trusted in You; they trusted (leaned on, relied on You, and were confident) and You delivered them."

Wow... OK - so - it is morning and I haven't yet had my coffee... but I am starting to see something here... Do you see it?! If you haven't read my previous post - you may want to stop here and go and read it... it ties in with what the Lord was telling me this morning...

As I wrote in the last post - I believe with all my heart that there is a new Season approaching... I believe it will be a Season of blessing and of walking into more of our Inheritance. Sometimes, Seasons change so quickly it is almost as if we did not expect it... but we know that the change is coming. I believe many in the Body have been going through Wilderness Seasons... to one extend or the other... some have been waiting so long for a new Season to come - they almost forgot what they were waiting for! ...and Suddenly, the change is fast approaching!

Instead of giving up on God... or your dreams, or goals, on your destiny... instead of sitting down at the foot of whatever mountain you are circling and saying "I just can't do it!"... what if - instead of doing that - you reminded yourself of His goodness... you reminded yourself of how He has shown up for you time and time again!? What if you reminded yourself that has really very little to do with you anyway - but it is all about Him... and He is well able and willing to do it! What if... those who you are trying to reach simply can't trust in Him because they have never known anyone to be Trustworthy... because they haven't heard us - in the Body - testify of His goodness for a long long while!?

We must - even in the midst of trials and mountains to climb - remind ourselves and others of the Goodness of God!!! We must speak it out loud!!! We must share with others how He has led us to green pastures... how He has made us to lie down and rest... and how He restores and refreshes us in our times of need... it builds our own faith when we remember.... and it reaches out to those who are in the dark and it offers them a glimpse of Light... a glimpse of Hope...

"How can people call for help if they don't know who to trust?" That is how The Message translation puts it!? Good question! If we, in the Body - who should KNOW who to trust in - are not relying on, and trusting in Him... if we are not remembering His Faithfulness and Goodness and Mercy...then how will they learn to do it?


So many times, I have felt the Lord speak to me and say, "Just Speak to that Mountain!" There is power in that... and sometimes, ya know what!? I just have to speak to myself... I have to HEAR it in my own voice and allow that faith and steadfastness to rise up within me as I speak His word forth... He tells us that His Word will never return to Him Void... but it will accomplish that which He set it out to accomplish... That encourages me to no end because I know - I mean I KNOW with all that I am - that what He desires to accomplish - in me - is for my best and for His Glory! That realization alone can give me strength to stand strong... to walk taller, and to speak louder...

If you are facing a mountain of trouble... or feel like you have rounded the corner to find the same landscape before you, yet again - let me encourage you to stand...having done all... & remind yourself of His faithfulness... to you, personally... to His people... to those you know... Read some old prayer requests and see how He has answered them... research modern day miracles... better yet - get out the Word of God and feed on it today - fill up on the Bread of Life and feel your faith rise and your witness improve!

You see... someone is watching your walk with the Lord! Someone is waiting and watching and seeing how you handle the situation before you. How will they call for help... Who will they trust in... let me encourage you to tell them how He has led you to lie down in green pastures and how He has refreshed and restored your soul... even in the midst of a battle! How He continues to lead and guide you on the right path... not just because you are good or you do what is right... because - let's be honest here - you don't - not all the time - none of us do! Part of this new Season is gonna require us to take off our masks and stop all our pretending to have it all together... it is a Season of getting Real... with God - and with each other!


So - God is not working on your behalf because He likes you best or because you do everything right... He does it for "His name's sake." He is no respecter of persons... we need to Remember His Goodness... we need to Remind ourselves of His Faithfulness... and we need to tell those around us with Words AND with Deeds that the God we serve is Good, Faithful and Trustworthy... He has Mercy and Forgiveness...Guidance and Blessing ready and waiting!

I pray you will remember to Speak out Loud this week! To yourself... to God... to others... to the enemy... stir up that gift of Faith and allow Him to lead you!

Blessings,
~Karrilee~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive