June 14, 2018

His Hands... a tribute to Fatherhood


An Ode to Fatherhood, inspired by my husband.
 

It was his hands that first held me... 
that first cupped my face and caressed my shoulders.
It was his hands that first loved me.
 
It's his hands that still, every day, 
gently guide me and strongly urge me forward.
It's his hands that help me up, 
pull me close, and push me on.
 
His hands have held on tight, 
and at times, let go loosely.
His hands are rarely, rarely ever clenched.
They always wide open, palms up, 
ready to praise, ready to pray...
Ready to practice what he preaches every day...

***
In honor of My Honey and Father's Day, I've updated a little piece written right here about four years ago and I am hanging out over at LifeLetterCafe

I'd love to have you join me over there and comment on that post about a man (or two) who has helped to father and shape you! Let's honor the men (and all the single Mama's... amen?) who we will celebrate on Sunday!

Come on over and jump in HERE!

Happy Father's Day
to everyone who has poured into me
and who flow from the Father's heart!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive