November 9, 2012

FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY - QUIET


It's FRIDAY!!!  This is the first Friday that (1) I actually WAITED until Friday to go look for the prompt, and (2) that I have not been blogging twice a day, every day, for weeks on end! So you would think it would be easier... but oh how quickly we can fall out of habit!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!

The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write off of a prompt that Lisa posts at one minute past midnight Friday morning  (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes:
Five Minute Friday - QUIET

{GO}
Aaahhh - quiet!  I have to say, I LOVE Quiet! I am big fan of it!  HUGE!  Maybe this is one reason why we only have one child... although I also love the buzzing chaos of a house full - filled with laughter and running, and chatter in every room! Still... when all of that is over... my soul breathes in deeply at the silence of Quiet!

I have been blessed to be a stay at home Mom for 17 years... yes - even after my only child went off to school - (even high school!) - I stayed home.  I fill my house and my heart with gatherings of all sorts through out the week - but I tend to 'schedule in' to my bossy lists of things to do - some Quiet Time!  But even when the house is quiet... is my spirit?  Can I slow down enough to listen to my beating heart and silence that constant list running through my brain?  Can I just BREATHE in a moment of hush... and listen?

I have found on the days when that seems so impractical... those are the days it is needed most! And - let me tell you a secret... so often - on THOSE days... we buy into the lie that we don't have time for Quiet... that who has an hour to just sit at the feet of Jesus? Afterall, we reason, we can't ALL be Marys, right?  But here is the secret... we CAN... we should... and it honestly doesn't take an hour!

Listen - He is so crazy about you... He will take even 5 minutes of your time... just five minutes to slow down, breathe deep, and drink Him in.  I challenge you... just try it!  Put on a worship song... close your eyes, listen to the words or music.. and offer up to Him a quieted spirit... wait and see! Just watch for what He will do with your heart! It will make your whole day so much better! Another Five Minute challenge... no - invitation! Quiet your head AND your heart, and listen for His still small voice!

{STOP}

So... I thought I would make it a little easier... here is a Soaking song that is 5 minutes long - turn up your volume, click on the link and close your eyes... lean back in your chair... and if you are willing - share in the comments below what He shared with you and how He quieted your spirit!



It's Friday... click here to read, and then find your voice and join the crowd!
Five Minute Friday

~Karrilee~

5 comments :

  1. It's amazing the effect that music can have on our souls. Beautiful song. I used that time for some Spirit time. :) It was a bit painful as I had to ask a painful question and still don't have an answer. Time with the Lord is always good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have struggled since my kids started school full day with the silence. I enjoy it for the sake of my writing, for sure! It's easier to form thoughts, etc. But to just sit in stillness and be quiet is something I have to work on — see it as a necessary part of my day.

    Christy
    A Heartening Life — www.ahearteninglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to get over that you could have a high schooler... !! no way...and then I think about how old I am and the possibility it could be for me, too ;)

    LOVE that song! And yes, music always helps me slow my heart down to find my quiet place with Him.

    happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry! I'm signed in to my wrong google account. It's Nikki @ Simplystriving ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to find you today and then see we have Lisa Jo's community in common! Love your take on quiet and yes the days we don't think we have the time we find are the days we actually can not do without that sweet portion to start the day with...Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive