February 4, 2023

May He be Harder to Ignore... a Five Minute Friday post

***

This is a Five Minute Friday post... Five Minute Friday posts are when I set a timer and free-write for five minutes flat. Then I add graphics and format a bit, but the actual writing stops (or at least is given an asterisk!) when my timer goes off! I am a bit out of practice but I'm back again... leaning in, and listening closely to what the Spirit is saying... let's go!

{GO!} 


My practice in the old days was to see the One Word Prompt and immediately ask the Lord what He wanted to say. That is something I am most definitely NOT out of practice in doing. I ask Him these things all the time, and normally He is quick to speak! 

He has opinions, friends... and He's not shy about them if we will only ask! 

And that is when it hits me: We have heard it countless times - how Jesus is a gentleman and He will not push Himself on us. He pursues us with a passion and focus that should take our breath away. It should leave us weak in the knees and stunned at His selfless, all-encompassing love for us. 

However the vastness of it seems overwhelming and instead of processing the inconceivableness of it, we often ignore Him instead.  

We tend to forget that He is ALWAYS pressing in, longing for us to ask Him about His opinions... His plans... His Hopes and Dreams for us. We forget that He is wanting a relationship... He wants a friend, a Bride! Do we serve Him? Yes... but He is after more than just a servant!

And suddenly, my prayer becomes,
"Lord, May You be harder for me to Ignore!
--for US to ignore!"

I won't speak for you, sweet Listeners - but I know for me, 
-I have felt a stirring, a calling once again to hear Him ever so clearly in this day and hour!  I believe He never slows down, never backs up, never loses the drive in His pursuit of us! He longs for ALL of our hearts... ALL of us - not just a portion.  He wants to hold our gaze and our attention --you know, more than our PHONES?! (Ouch! I know... me, too, friends! Me, too!)

He is so good and His plans are so much better, so much bigger... and I think it's safe to say that for most of us - we have known this fact... this Truth.  And we have reveled in it... soaked it in and submitted to it. But then - when maybe those plans didn't unfold the way we anticipated or didn't pan out the way we'd hoped, and we slowed our pace a bit... we hit Pause in our pursuit of Him... and we allowed Hesitation to sneak in and Doubt and Fear are never far behind.  

We allow ourselves to get distracted... and I'm not even saying that all of the distractions are bad. Some of them are good... are godly. Some of them are ministry... serving... loving...

Some of them are within the Plans He has for us - but guys:

We must not lose focus of Him!
HE must be our main Pursuit...
HE must be our Goal
and our Dream Come True!

It's Him... it's ALL. HIM!


May we find we hear His voice more clearly...
and follow His Lead
without Hesitation *
into this new season!

{STOP!}

May we find He is harder to ignore!

In Jesus' Name!
Amen!

***

I don't know about you but the thought (admission, really!) that sometimes I ignore the Lord is not so easy to shake off. (Thank God, right?) I believe He is calling many to come back to that Intimacy with Him and He is reawakening His Bride.  I'm here for it.  What about you?

In Monday's episode of our Made to Pray podcast, we press in and pray about Pursuing His Presence! I'd love to invite you to join us in prayer as you listen!

Friends, until next time, let's remember to:

Linking up with  Kate Motaung and the #fmfparty Community today.  Five Minute Fridays give us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click HERE to read what others have to say about "IGNORE"!
















* - This marks my Five Minutes. Grace, please, as I finished my thought!

The FMF lowdown:
We write our hearts out around One Word for five minutes flat, --a flash mob of wordsmiths letting our hearts & our fingers do the talking tapping & we hit publish before we can second-guess it all away.  It's been a LONG time since I've hung out here, but this is where we encourage & uplift... where we share prayer requests & praise reports... where we talk about food & friends & we find support & kindred hearts. It's where we are reminded that life is good & God is good & we're not alone... Join in!




2 comments :

  1. Hi, I'm your neighbor today. Our soul is design to hear his voice and to follow his lead without hestiation. good advice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive