October 1, 2016

Life Happens To All of Us... DAY ONE of 31 Days of Life Happens... and so We Pray!

 Today is Day One of 31 Days of Life Happens...and so We Pray! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!


Welcome to Day One of this new series. Every day through out the month of October we are going to dig in to how Life Happens and how to pray --when often times praying may feel like not enough, or like too little, too late... when praying is the last thing our flesh wants to do.

Listen, I am all about prayer. 

Prayer is my jam. 

And I pray all day, every day --but not in an oober religious, heavy burden kind of way. More in an ongoing conversation, love connection kind of way!

For this month, Saturdays and Sundays will bring you lighter posts... 

Except for today, Saturdays will be set aside to sort of wrap up the previous weeks' topic and end in prayer.

Sundays will be short and simple, yet oh so powerful! We will use Sundays to practice a little Listening Prayer because it is Sabbath after all and some of the busiest and best ways Life Happens is over the weekend, right? 

So for October, while I will be posting over the weekends, there will be no heavy burdens, or onslaught of words.  We will pray together and prepare our hearts for what lies ahead! 

So today, our first Saturday together, I thought I would ask you a question:

How is Life Happening to you in this season?

What is it that made you click on this series button and head on over to my little corner of the internet?


Because here's the thing:

If you have lived any amount of life at all, you soon come face to face with the fact that Life Happens to all of us! Not a one of us is exempt... not a one of us lives protected and charmed and free of pain and loss and disappointment.

Life Happens to all of us... and we get to choose how we deal with it when it comes straight for us!

I am oh so thankful to have been nurtured as a new believer in a community that highly valued prayer because whenever life would happen, Prayer became my go to response!

Whenever Life came at me all Happy, Shiny, and full of Joy... well, prayers of thanksgiving spilled out of a grateful heart!

Whenever a trial would rise up, or trouble would blindside me... when fear tried to grab hold of me and doubt threatened to pull me down... prayer was my knee jerk reaction and I have learned to always expect an answer!

It's not always the answer I hope for... but through prayer, I have come to know the heart of God and how it beats for me... I have come to trust that He is Truth and true to His Word and when I pray, He listens and when I cry out, He is moved to action.


Even now, as I type this post, our Jonah Boy kitty cat is waiting to be buried. We had to put him to sleep this afternoon and even though he was 17 and we sort of saw it coming, it happened fast and we are reeling a bit from the sudden loss.

When the vet came to check on him, we prayed. As she told us what all was going on with him, we prayed. God's presence was thick and His peace and comfort filled the room as we made the only real choice that we could. It was precious, being able to hold him in my arms and love him as he fell asleep and his breathing slowed and his pain subsided.

Maybe you're not facing the loss of a pet, but the loss of family or career or direction... maybe you're facing uncertainty, anger, or fear.  

Maybe Life is Happening and it is all good right now... even then, prayer makes it better!

However Life is Happening for you right now, I promise you that prayer will help!

Come back tomorrow and we will put in to practice a little Listening Prayer, believing that God desires to meet with us and to be our shield and covering... that He knows that plans He has for us and He will work all things together for our good.

For today, I would love to begin this series in prayer for you! So if you are willing, I really would be honored if you would answer the question, "How is Life Happening to you...?" and allow me to cover you in prayer as we dive in!

12 comments :

  1. Oh how I love that we are both pray-era. But, of course, right? How can I pray for you today friend? Sending hugs as you mourn sweet Jonah boys passing. Pets are family and so it hurts to lose them too. Love you sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tara! Our getaway was much needed and perfect timing! Today is my first Introverting Monday without JonahBoy at my feet... so I am finally all alone in the house and fully feeling his absence! I appreciate the prayers! Love you!

      Delete
  2. I am having to trust and stand and wait on the Lord for something big...it scares me and excites me at the same time. I hear the enemy with his lies and I try to stay focused on His word. When NOT if this comes to reality it is going to be a testimony for the glory of the Lord. I am trying not to doubt (my biggest struggle).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh friend... I am praying for you, too! It's those big scary/exciting things that cause us to hold our breath and lean in to a bit more faith and hope! Believing with you for God to open the doors and get all the glory! Blessings!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Jonah boy! Life happens ... isn't that the truth! The prayers of my faithful friends like you have literally carried me through several rough patches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw... I love you so, Melissa! Life Happens to all of us, right? I am so thankful to have friends/sisters who I know pray me through! We need each other and we truly are better together! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I just got all caught up over here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you were able to comment... yay! (I'm still behind on reading and I have not done well on commenting much! That may wait until November!) LOL!

      Delete
  5. Karrilee, life happened to me today, and I knew I needed to pray instead of panicking or reacting, and I remembered this series. So, I am going to reread these posts, and let them soak in and pray and remember that Christ is my rock. Thank you so much for this series! Jolene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jolene, THIS IS THE BEST COMMENT EVER!!!!! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I found this blog yesterday. A group of friends and I are starting Day 1 today.
    Life happens to me today as I thank God for keeping my kids safe and healthy. Especially my son who played football last night and took a big hit/fall as he was flipped trying to catch a high ball and landed on his head. He didn't get hurt and popped up. I thanked God and his guardian angels several times last night for keeping him safe in their care and praised them for a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there... praising God with you for the protection of your son! I often think of how stressful it would be to have a son in football! (We have an only girlie and her sport was tennis so... way less contact!) So glad to hear you found me and are reading along!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive