October 23, 2016

DAY TWENTY THREE - Listening Prayer

Hello again, Sunday, and welcome, my friends!

I have been really enjoying our little Listening Prayer times together on Sunday mornings! I love that you have been praying along! 

My hope is that throughout the entire series, God has been stirring in you a desire to pray. And that He has reminded you that Prayer is important, that is essential and is a weapon we can use in the battles we face!  

I hope that you have been awakened to the call to pray --for yourself, for friends and family, for all kinds of healing, and for the church.  Yeah. We'll dive into praying for the Bride of Christ this week and it's going to be fun!

Today, however, we have a few minutes set aside to simply come and meet with Him!

Join me, won't you?

***

Jesus,
This week has been hard.
We have lugged around some heavy burdens...
some yokes that are not easy...
Maybe we forgot a little bit
that You still hold this whole world
in the palm of Your hands.


We are so very thankful that,
as always,
You stand before us,
offering a trade!

Lord,
as we lift our clenched fists up high,
help us to let go and Let God
and to feel the release and the surrender.
Help us to experience how
those weights become weightless
in Your Presence.
Help us to remember
that You are able and willing...
to heal, to forgive, to save, and redeem!

As we transition from praying for
Healing to praying for the Church,
Lord, I want to ask,
is there any Healing
that You would like
to complete in me?
Is there anything
that I'm holding on to
with clenched fists,
that is keeping me
from receiving whatever
You are holding out to me?

(Pause... and listen.
Maybe write down what He says
and offer it up.)

God,
You know our hearts better than we do.
You have walked every one of our days alongside us.
Many have been hurt by the church,
and many have been used to inflict the pain,
sometimes unaware.
Some have chosen religion over relationship
and some wield the Word like a weapon,
but their aim is inward...
swinging wildly at their own Body.
Wounding without cause or care.
Lord, we know, this is not Your Heart.
Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

We know you love the Church, Your Bride...
we know You bled and died for her redemption,
and as bad as things may get,
Your plan is always FOR her...
Your heart, always running towards her!

Help us to tap into the
Rhythm of Your Heart Beating...
Help us to remember that she is Your Bride,
Your Beloved, and that You are coming for her.

Help us to remember that WE are (part of) her.

Father God,

We know Jesus prayed that
we would be one, as You are One...
Heal any hurts and Loose any chains
that bind us to the brokenness,
and cause an independent spirit
to refuse to be a part
of the Family.

Draw Us closer, Holy Spirit.
We ask, God, that You will plant us
into a community that loves and lives
as if they know that You are
a good, good Father.
Because You are!
Lord, remind us that You are!

Lastly, 
I stand before You,
knowing that I am Yours.
Knowing that You have adopted me
and grafted me in... and so I ask,
is there a place for me?

Is there a church that I could be a part of
that will let me be who You made me to be
and do what You created me to do?
Is there a gathering that You have for me
to be a part of, Lord?

Here I am, Lord...
I am listening...

(Pause... and listen.)
If you are already part of a family gathering
that feels like Home, thank Him for that!
If you are searching... or if you gave up the search long ago,
Ask Him specifically where to look!
I believe He has a place for you,
right where you are!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen!

***
Happy Weekend, friends!

 Today is Day Twenty Three of 31 Days of Life Happens...and so We Pray! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!



I hope you'll join me tomorrow as we talk a bit about Praying for Pastors and Leaders in the church.

4 comments :

  1. I love this friend!
    Holy listening,right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... Holy Listening, indeed! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and praying with us, Jackie!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive