October 28, 2016

DAY TWENTY EIGHT of 31 Days of Life Happens... and so We Pray!

Can I be real with y'all? I know I can... I am tired and I am trying to push through the last couple of days of this #Write31Days challenge early so I can actually have a weekend.  As in... I don't think we have anything on our calendar that is bossy other than a couple of things that actually FEED my soul. Praise God and Hallelujah!

So when I saw the prompt for tonight, even though I am feeling all the feels of almost reaching the end... well, I got nothing, folks.

So who can know what will spill out or how if I will be able to tie it in to the series, but that is what this whole Five Minute Friday crew is all about, right? Set the timer... and just see what happens! Let's go!

This is Five Minute Friday (- a five minute timed free write) and our One Word Prompt for the day is: EAT


{GO}

At first, I am at a loss.

How do I use "Eat" in this series about Prayer... 

Then, of course... He reminds me...

He reminds me of Matthew 6, where Jesus tells us to not worry so much about the things He knows we are in need of! He tells us not to worry about what we will eat or what we will wear... I love how it reads in The Message...




What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works.
Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
When it comes to prayer... so often what we pray for again and again and again is our basic needs!  And it's not that this bothers God... but He is trying to reassure us that He's got it! 

He's got our basics covered... don't let worry steal your focus! There are bigger things we can be praying for! Kingdom things!

Eric Johnson was preaching the other day and he was sharing how he encountered God and was led to not ask the Lord for anything in his prayer life for a season.  He said he went days and days without talking to Him at first because, without realizing it, his prayer life was wrapped around asking.  This transformed his relationship with the Lord because he learned how to come to him, not with a list of requests, but with an open heart, ready to receive whatever it was that God wanted to give!

I wonder how many of us would be silent, with nothing to say?  What a great challenge to consider.

My mind jumps over to the Gospel of John and Jesus' encounter with the Samaritan woman and how this feeds Him. ...Doing the will of His Father feeds Him!

Yes. That.

It says in John 4:34:
Jesus said, “The food that keeps me going is that I do the will of the One who sent me, finishing the work he started.

I don't know about you, but I am constantly humbled and amazed that Jesus calls us to partner with Him in prayer... to do the will of the Father! 

He wakes us up... He nudges us to pray... He puts people and places and situations on our hearts and calls us to pray... to come in agreement with Him and with others and to call down heaven and release the Kingdom.

What an honor... to be fed by the nail scarred hand that saved us!



What a joy... to partner with the Prince of Peace and release whatever is needed in the spirit realm through prayer.


To cry out and link hands and hearts and stand side by side, waiting and watching for the answer to come... for it to be manifested --'on earth, as it is in heaven!'

Let it be so, Lord!
Let it be so!



{STOP}

I hope you will join me for the last three days of the series! We'll talk a bit about Unity tomorrow and then Sunday and Monday, we'll join together in prayer!

Until then, remember to:


Linking up with Kate Motaung and the #fmfparty Community today.  Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "EAT"

The FMF lowdown: The gathering happens on Twitter on Thursday nights & then we write our hearts out & hit publish all over the interwebs on Thursday & Friday (& sometimes on Tuesdays!) It's where we encourage & uplift... where we share prayer requests & praise reports... where we talk food & friends & we find support & kindred hearts. It's where we are reminded that life is good & God is good & we're not alone... & then we all write for five minutes flat, a flash mob of wordsmiths letting our hearts & our fingers do the talking tapping & we hit publish before we can second guess it all away. 

We'd love to have you join us!

I'm also linking up with the lovely writer community over at:

Crsytal Twaddell for #FreshMarketFridays
Crystal Twaddell



 Today is Day Twenty Eight of 31 Days of Life Happens...and so We Pray! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

14 comments :

  1. Ah, what a beautiful reminder! I sometimes fall into the trap of approaching God with a list of my daily needs. I'm learning to let it be a conversation instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Anita! I don't think He minds the lists... He wants to know whatever is on our hearts. But I think He loves it when we move beyond the lists or stay longer than it takes to just rattle off the bullet point needs, ya know? Thanks so much for hanging out and leaning in!

      Delete
  2. THiS: "He wakes us up... He nudges us to pray... He puts people and places and situations on our hearts and calls us to pray... to come in agreement with Him and with others and to call down heaven and release the Kingdom." Linking arms with you friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and Amen! So glad God has made us friends and we are pressing in and linking up together!

      Delete
  3. Amen and Amen! What beautiful reflections Karrilee, and what a timely reminder to give all of our worries over to Him. And as you so beautifully wrote, "What an honor... to be fed by the nail scarred hand that saved us!" I LOVE this! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christin! It IS a timely reminder, isn't it? I hope I don't forget it over the next few weeks! ;)

      Delete
  4. Karrilee, what a great post. Yes, I'm guilty of coming to the Lord with requests . . . more often to help others than myself, but still. Asking from Him. I know He not only doesn't mind this but encourages it, but He also wants us to come to Him simply to receive from Him. To listen.

    It's hard for me to sit still and "just" listen. But it's oh, so important. Thanks so much for this reminder!

    And I loved this: "What a joy... to partner with the Prince of Peace and release whatever is needed in the spirit realm through prayer."

    So well said, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I agree... I don't think He ever minds... I think He just so longs for us to actually come to Him, He'll take it in any form! ;) Practicing stillness is so counter-culture for us... but it is so beneficial! Thanks so much for stopping by, Jeanne!

      Delete
  5. fed by nail scarred hands... (enough said)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tondra! Don't you love when you are writing and a phrase takes your breath away and you know you can't exactly take full credit because... God!? Yeah. That! xoxo

      Delete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful! I especially love this - What an honor... to be fed by the nail scarred hand that saved us! <<< YES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Laura! I especially loved that line as welL!

      Delete
  7. I find myself in awe of God's timing. Today, I read your post. Today, I feel the weighty matters of financial strain. This post affirms the message of God's care for our everyday needs.
    When I pray with my children and encourage them to pray (and they are reluctant), I always tell them to pray a "Thank you" prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh friend! I love how He has perfect timing (even though most of the time I feel like He is chronically late! Right?) Praying for supernatural provision for you and yes... a few Thank you (in advance) prayers, too! xoxo

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive