October 30, 2016

DAY THIRTY - Listening Prayer - 31 Days of Life Happens... and so We Pray!

One more day and we made it, friends.

I don't know about you, but Tuesdays and Sundays have been among my favorite days this month thanks to Praying the Psalms and practicing Listening Prayer together!

As I said last weekend, my hope is that God has been stirring within you a call to pray... that you are experiencing a deeper level of communicating with God through out your days and that whenever Life Happens for you... your knee jerk reaction now is to turn to God in prayer!

This is our last Sunday together... so take a deep breath, lean back and close your eyes... inhale... exhale... and then read this prayer --but don't just read it with me. 

PRAY it!

Join me once more!

***
Jesus,
As this month winds down,
and November is coming straight for us,
filled with elections and holidays and
added measures of busyness and bossiness,
of pressure and passion...
We take this moment to
Inhale deep and Exhale slow...
and we set our eyes and our hearts
and our hope on You!


Lord, before we seek anything else...
we seek Your face
Before we ask for what we need
(which You know of already)
or what we want...
we simply ask to sit
and spend time with You!

Lord,
draw near to our hearts
and hold us close!
Remind us that
In all of this Chaos...
You offer us Calm.
In all of this Rush,
You offer us Rest!

We breathe You in, God.


Inhale... Exhale,
And we feel the pressure pause,
and the hurry hush,
And we lean in and whisper soft,
Lord, how do I slow and see?

How do I train
my heart and my hope
to remain in tune with
the rhythm of rest?

Is there something
tangible and real
that I can do that will
make room for moments spent
in Your Presence?

Is there something
in my routine,
or on my calendar,
that can be let go of
in order to make room
for more of You?

(Pause... and listen.
Maybe write down what He says.)

God,
Remind me that when
Life Happens,
You are right there with me.
You never leave me
or forsake me.
You are by my side
and living inside of me.
Whenever Life Happens,
You hold all the answers
and You will guide me through...
So remind me that
when Life Happens,
to turn to You and pray!


Lord, I pray for boldness... for a trade...
I'll give you my fear, doubt, and unbelief
and I'll trade you for an added measure of
faith, hope, and love!

I pray for faith to rise up
when the enemy comes
and catches me by surprise!
I pray that You will call to me,
wake me up, talk with me
through out my days
so that this prayer life of mine,
will be a prayer conversation of ours...

Thank You, Lord 
that You call me friend.
Help me to come to You,
when I need a Friend...
when I need help, or comfort,
or direction or simply to be reminded
of who I am and what I can do.

Is there a lie that I have been believing 

about who I am, or Who You are,
that holds me back from
fully entering in to
this friendship with You?

Here I am, Lord...
I am listening...

(Pause... and listen.)
If you hear a lie that you have been believing,
ask Jesus to replace that lie with Truth! Write it down!

I thank You, Lord,
that my identity
is hidden in Christ
and that You have a
plan and a purpose for me,
and that as long as I walk with You,
I will not miss my destiny!


I thank You, that even when
Life Happens all around me,
YOU are the truest True
that surrounds me,
and I know that I know that
You are for me!
When Life Happens,
We will talk it out
and pray it through,
together!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen!

***


 Today is Day Thirty of 31 Days of Life Happens...and so We Pray! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

I hope you'll join me tomorrow for our last day in this series where we will pray together through two of my favorite portions of Scripture found in the New Testament!

Later in the week, (or maybe the next week!) we will have an official Wrap Up post, but I thought it would be fitting if we spent our last day together, praying! 

Because, of course!

6 comments :

  1. THIS: "I thank You, that even when Life Happens all around me, YOU are the truest True
    that surrounds me, and I know that I know that You are for me! When Life Happens, We will talk it out
    and pray it through together!" Here I am Lord, send me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Thanks so much, my friend, for your constant and amazing support! I don't know how you do it... I barely had the bandwidth to write, but I hope to catch up on some reading in the next month or two! ;) Love you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful prayer, my friend. I needed this: "I thank You, Lord, that my identity is hidden in Christ and that You have a plan and a purpose for me,
    and that as long as I walk with You,
    I will not miss my destiny!" I plan to go back and read more of your series. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that such a great reminder? As long as we are in tune and walking with Him in our every day lives... He will guide right to our big picture destiny! Love you, friend!

      Delete
  3. Your prayers are poetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw... you are too sweet! xoxo

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive