October 16, 2016

DAY SIXTEEN - Listening Prayer

Hello, my friends!

I don't know about you, but I am loving these Sunday sessions where we just breathe a little bit, and lean in... worship Him in spirit and truth, and practice a little Listening Prayer

As I said last week, I will begin to type out a prayer, and then as He leads, I will ask a question.  That is when we pause, "Selah"... and wait for His response. 

The answer He gives you will be different than whatever He says to me because He is so personal and He loves uniquely. He's a good, good Father and He wants to communicate with you!

Let's pray!

***

Jesus,
We love you!


We will never tire of telling you
of how much we love you!

God, your goodness leaves us speechless.
In this world with so much trying to
pull us down and knock us around,
it's your mercy and grace that call us.
It's your great love and joy that fill us.
It's your peace that passes all understanding
that gives us room to breathe in a breathless world,
so full of fear, doubt, and unbelief.

We breathe You in, Jesus.
And we cry out, We Believe... 
Help our unbelief.

As we move away from focusing
on our family relationships
toward praying for healing,
is there anything that
You would like to show me
regarding my family, Lord?
Is there a specific person in my family
or among my closest friends
who You want me to pray for?

(If so... Take a moment and pray for that person.)

God, I know that you desire
healthy relationships...
that You are Three in One
and our perfect example
of friendship and family.

Thank You for the honor of
partnering with You in prayer
for my friends and family.
Remind me to pray for them...
wake me up, give me scriptures to pray,
and promises to stand on
with them and for them.
I am thanking You in advance
for leading me to deeper connections, Lord.
For taking my friendships deeper
and opening hearts and homes
and creating community
where I can thrive and
where I can share Your Love.

Holy Spirit, as we dive into prayers for healing this week,
bring to mind anyone You would want me to pray for.
Show me areas in my life and in my family
that are in need of Your healing touch.

(Pause... and listen.)

I thank You, Father...
for the sacrifice of Your Son,
Who bled and died,
Who paid the price and forgave our sins,
Who bought our redemption and our healing.
It's by His Stripes that we are healed,
and we pray that this week,
Your divine healing will manifest
in our lives... in our bodies...
in our relationships...
and in our nation!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen!

***

I am praying that you are hearing as we pray and ask God to speak. I pray that God is sealing what He is showing you. I pray that you are listening and recognizing His voice, more and more!

This week we are going to explore --and pray for-- different kinds of healing. We will talk and pray for physical healing, emotional and inner healing, national healing (Come, Lord Jesus!) and various relational healings that may require a bit of forgiveness!

I hope you'll join in, praying for any healing you may be in need of as well as joining your faith together with ours as we stand side by side and lift each other up!


 Today is Day Sixteen of 31 Days of Life Happens...and so We Pray! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

14 comments :

  1. This prayer definitely strikes a chord with me. I'll be "chewing" on this all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too, my friend! Me, too! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Awesome prayer today! Keep up the amazing work to inspire us to grow in loving Jesus. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Loved this beautiful prayer friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying it with you, my friend!

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful! I enjoyed this interactive prayer. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Robyn! Praying with you!

      Delete
  5. I love Sundays, and listening prayer! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! Praying with and for you, sweet friend!

      Delete
  6. I will....
    SELAH.........
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive