October 17, 2016

DAY SEVENTEEN - 31 Days of Life Happens... and so We Pray! Physical Healing

So - you guys! I have to tell you... 

I literally opened this post to start writing about Healing and got SLAMMED with sickness. My Honey, too! As in - sneezing and coughing non-stop, achy and feverish, no voice (which is tricky when you have a Wedding to officiate!)... as Lorelai Gilmore would say, "Oy with the Poodles already!"

So if this is a little wacky, I blame the cold meds but here's the thing: 
I refuse to let the enemy win...
  or shut me up... (even if he steals my literal voice!) 

Because here is the other thing: 
  Healing is for real --and it is for today. (As in, if you are in need of healing, I am praying that as you read this post, you will encounter the healing touch of Jesus and begin to feel better!)

It's in the Bible and it's within His will. I wish it happened immediately, supernaturally, every single time. 

I don't know why it doesn't but we all know that it doesn't. We have all prayed for healing -whether it be a little bothersome cold or sore throat, or it be an emergency... cancer, a car wreck, careers imploding.

It's no secret here that I am a crazy faith girl. I believe the Word of God is full of promises and testimonies and I have prayed for and seen and experienced God's Healing touch enough in this lifetime to know it is for today.

I believe that our God is the God of the impossible.  I believe He can do anything... and I believe He wants to surprise us and overwhelm us with His goodness. I believe He answers Yes and Amen. I do. 



Sometimes the answer is a long time coming... sometimes we lose hope in the waiting... sometimes our faith waivers and we accidentally let fear and doubt whisper lies that can feel like truth. But God never waivers...

But God...

How much do you love that phrase?

BUT GOD...

There are a number of "but God" verses in the Bible and I encourage you to look them up... search them out... and say them out loud when your faith needs a little reminder!

Of course, talking about our God who does the impossible, I think of Matthew 19:26, that reads: Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Or how about the 'but God' scripture found in Genesis 50:20 that reads:  You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

Or how about in the book of Psalms where it reads: My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Or what about the verse in Acts 3 that says: You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.

We could go on and on, but let's move from this: God raised Jesus from the dead.  Death could not hold Him.  It says in Romans that the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in your mortal bodies.

Jesus went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed... and I don't know about your Bible, but mine says that He called us to do the same and greater.  



In fact, in the Gospel of John, He says it like this:
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:12-14 NASB)
I know you won't be surprised, but I love how that reads in The Message Bible:
"The person who trusts me will not only do what I’m doing but even greater things, because I, on my way to the Father, am giving you the same work to do that I’ve been doing. You can count on it. From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I’ll do it. That’s how the Father will be seen for who he is in the Son. I mean it. Whatever you request in this way, I’ll do."
So often I think we have not because we ask not. Or we ask amiss... but I think the verses above spell out pretty clearly that praying "if it be thy will" is not so much His will.  He already TOLD us what His will is and it is that we will continue to do the works that He was doing while He was here in the flesh on the earth. So 'normal Christianity', as Bill Johnson says, should include healing the sick, raising the dead, cleansing the lepers... you get the idea!

I love how in The Message, verse 13 says that whatever we request along the lines of who He is and what He is doing, He’ll do it! 

Well now... that should stir you up and ignite your faith, because our God is still in the business of healing the brokenhearted and binding up their wounds.  He is still the God who saves, and makes whole... He redeems and restores and, yes, who resurrects!

I believe in the power of the laying on of hands... of praying for healing and of standing in faith. I believe in resurrection power and I also know that you have to follow your peace and I believe God has gifted doctors and surgeons as well.  

I only say that because I know in our thinking, sometimes we assume an all or nothing approach to God... to life, really. 

But we know that God can use medicine... He can use natural remedies, and He can use supernatural means, as well.  

Listen, as I stated earlier, I wish that every time we prayed for healing, God showed up and healed. I don't know why He doesn't. But I do know that we are called to pray... to do the works that Jesus did and so I pray. And I believe. And sometimes, we see miracles because of that! 

I wanted to include just a few more Scriptures that talk about healing... ones that I stand on and speak out loud when my own health is under attack or when I am praying in faith for someone elses' healing!

This is in no way an exhaustive list, but these are powerful verses to declare and decree! 
"My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life. Put away from you a deceitful mouth, And put perverse lips far from you." Prov 4:20-24
 "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; 20 that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.” Deut 30:19-20
 "Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Ps 103:1-5
 "I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord." Ps 118:17
 "Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed." Isa 53:4-5
  "Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved; for you are my praise." Jer 17:14
  "For I will restore health to you, and I will heal you of your wounds, says the Lord." Jer 30:17
"Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." Matt 18:18-19
"So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." Mark 11:22-24
"And the whole multitude sought to touch him, for there went power out of him, and healed them all." Luke 6:19 "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever." Hebrews 13:8  
"Beloved, I wish about all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers." 3 John 2  
And lastly: 
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." Rev 12:11
So, closing with that Scripture, I'd love for you to share in the comments if you have a testimony of healing --whether it was you personally, or someone you love!  I believe in the power of testimony and oh my, how it does our faith good to hear that God still answers prayers for healing!

I know for me... He has healed me personally as well as many others through prayer in real and tangible ways. From headaches and back aches, to cancer and Krohns. 

We have witnessed firsthand how our God heals.  What about you? I'd love to hear in the comments below!

***

To wrap up, I've listed just a few of many books that are powerful resources that can lead to a greater understanding of healing and how it is still for today... 
The Essential Guide to Healing by Bill Johnson and Randy Clark 
Christ the Healer by F. F. Bosworth
God's Divine Health by Gloria Copeland
The Blood and the Glory by Billye Brim 
Healing by Smith Wigglesworth 
SOZO Saved Healed Delivered: A Journey into Freedom with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by Teresa Liebscher and Dawna DeSilva
Divine Healing by Andrew Murray 
The Healing Breakthrough: Creating an Atmosphere of Faith for Healing by Randy Clark
Even as I type this out today, I am declaring these scriptures out loud and beleiving for healing to come and manifest in my body. I know He is willing and able!  If you are in need of healing, I'd be honored to pray with you, as well!


I'm also linking up with the lovely writer communities linked below:

Kelly Chripczuk  for #SmallWonders 


Barbie Swihart  for #GlimpsesofHisBeauty  

 Today is Day Seventeen of 31 Days of Life Happens...and so We Pray! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

Come back tomorrow as we continue to be Praying through the Psalms on Tuesdays! We'll stick with the Healing theme as we pray! The rest of the week, we'll dig in to praying for inner healing, for national healing, and for relational healing!

Please comment below with a testimony or a request and let me pray with you!

12 comments :

  1. Wow, what a powerful post! BUT GOD is a phrase that has been brought into my life by Larissa Traquair, and I find myself repeating it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But God... I mean, come on! That is just such a great phrase to have at the ready, right? xoxo

      Delete
  2. I do too (believe, that is)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... this I know! (And I love that we both posted about Jesus, the Healer today!) xoxo Kindred, indeed!

      Delete
  3. Jehovah Rapha "The God who heals" was one of the first names for God I learned, and one, after all of this time, I have never forgot... I spent nearly two years on bed rest, losing weight, unable to eat, all while my doctors of repute, struggled to uncover as to why. Likewise, I spent nearly seven years with a closed womb. During those moments God "Jehovah Rapha" ministered to my heart as I clung to a promise for healing. There are times when healing is immediate! Like when I was in labor, and I whispered to God, "I can't do this anymore, I have nothing left" after pushing for nearly three hours, when all of a sudden a surge of energy hit my core and my son was born in an instant! No crowning. Nothing. He was born because I was done, and God knew it. And other times, like the two listed above that took time. One day, after years of sickness, I was healed. And then after intense prayer and walking the barren-life out, I became pregnant... TWICE. I know this is long, but I want you to know that YOU are BEYOND correct. Because while I struggle with so many facets of spiritual life, healing has never been one of them. This is something I know without a doubt that GOD IS and does. He heals. He completes. He makes all things whole <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and Amen!!! Praising God with you, Kenna, for all the ways He says Yes and Amen in your life! xoxo Thanks so much for sharing!

      Delete
  4. Our God is in the business of making life out of death. Resurrection hope (and healing) are a gift to us all. I believe that our God can and does heal just not always in the ways we expect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Bill Johnson book and the Andrew Murray book. Love those! I have seen enough of God's healing to believe He is the Great Physician as well. Our 2 year old daughter was diagnosed with Stage 4 malignant melanoma. Scared us to death! The doctor didn't give much hope and even said to me, "It doesn't matter when we start treatment." Meaning it was a death sentence. My husband felt like God told him to call every believer we knew would pray (this was before internet & email) And praise God, He healed her! Clean, cancer free. Today she has a large scar on her leg where they did surgery. Someone told her once she could have plastic surgery to fix it. She said she would never do that, because that was where God healed her. 😃 She is healthy and 28 today. - Really great post today Kerrilee! I'm going to print your scriptures out. And thanks for giving the book suggestions at the end also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this! Thank you so much for sharing your testimony in the comments, Robyn! My BIL was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer several years ago. He is now cancer free as well... he had surgery, but passed on all further recommended treatment and opted to try other all natural things, --and prayer, instead.

      (and of course I would list some books! ;) Just, of course!)

      Delete
  6. But God... Yes, I love that. Thanks for sharing and even for talking about how it does not have to be all or nothing. I have seen the supernatural miracles happen and I have also seen God use medicine and I have also had to say goodbye to a little brother who had Leukemia when my family and church were all praying and believing for a different outcome. I won't understand it until I am in heaven, but I believe there is a big picture. God is answering our prayers and he is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! So much Amen... (and I'm sorry, too. Sorry for your loss and sorry that -again- the answers aren't always quick and easy!) I know in my life, I have prayed for people to be healed who weren't --at least not the way I was believing for... and yet this doesn't change the call to pray for the sick and to raise the dead, etc. My experience doesn't negate the word of God... but I think so often we can let it. Or we shy away from such bold faith because 'it didn't work' last time. I love what you said though - God IS answering our prayers, and He IS good... even when we can't know the whys and the why nots until we get to the other side. Blessings to you, sweet friend!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive