October 9, 2016

DAY NINE - Listening Prayer - 31 Days of Life Happens... and so We Pray!

Hello Sunday... and hello to you too, friend!

I hope you are looking forward to a little Listening Prayer this morning! I want you to know that I am praying for you, sweet reader, as I write this series! 

My hope is that you are learning and relearning and feeling a stirring and a call to make prayer more of a focus in your daily life. I pray you are seeing that it is not a heavy burden, but instead a lovely invitation to come and sit awhile with the One who loves you best... Who has loved you the longest, and Who loves to hear your voice!

Since we have spent the last week talking about prayer, I'm excited to use less words on my end... and just quiet our spirits and let Him do the talking!

You, too?

I will open in prayer, and as He leads, I will ask a question, then we will wait to hear his response! 

Yours will be different than mine because this amazing God of ours is a personal God and He loves us individually, uniquely. 

He is a good, good Father and He wants to speak to you... to love on you... to be with you, today and every day!

Let's go!

***

Oh Lord God,



We thank You today
for calling us to come and to be with You!
We thank You for the Invitation
that is open-ended and that always welcomes us
right on in to Your Presence!


We are so amazed
at how You love us, Father!
--How you call us by name,
and you call us Your own,
and at how You are always
calling us closer!

Jesus, help us to hear
the love in Your voice
when You draw near to us
and whisper Truth in our ears.
Help us to feel secure in Your care,
safe in Your arms, held in Your grip,
and let our faith and trust and hope arise!

Holy Spirit, we thank You that
You make known mysteries
and You call us deeper
into the heart of God.
Thank You for how You pursue us,
for how you cover us,
for how You shower Your love
all around us
and pour out blessings and favor
from heaven!

As we transition from last week
and focusing on our personal relationship with You,
is there anything standing between You and me,
that causes me to hesitate in trusting
or leaning in to You?
(If so... Lord, can you show me how to remove it
so that we can grow closer?)

(Pause... and listen.
Maybe write down what He says.)

God, as we prepare our hearts
to cover our family in prayer this week,
we ask that You will stir up Your Love
for each of them within us
and give us Grace and Wisdom
in how to pray.

Help us to ask for
Your heart and Your perspective
when ours is lacking or limited.
Help us to invest and love and forgive well
in these relationships and friendships
and in how we parent and communicate
with those we love.

Father, we know that You are a
good and gracious Father.
Help us to remember that.
Jesus, we know that You are a friend
that sticks closer than a brother.
Help us to know and feel and
testify that this is true.
Spirit, we know that You reveal all truth.
Reveal any truth today
that is standing between my heart and Yours.

Here I am, Lord...
I am listening...

(Pause... and listen.)

In Jesus' Name,
Amen!

***

I'd love to know what He revealed to you in prayer, if you would be willing to share! Again, I do realize these Listening Prayers can be extremely personal, but I do pray that you are allowing a bit of time to not just read my words, but to pray your heart... and then wait and listen to what He has to say!

This week we are diving in to soaking our different kinds of relationships in prayer! (Praying for our marriage, our parenting, and for extended family and friends!)

I hope you will join me!


 Today is Day Nine of 31 Days of Life Happens...and so We Pray! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Amen! Thanks for stopping by and joining me in prayer, friend!

      Delete
  2. An issue in my marriage is what prompted me to read these posts tonight. I am hurting, and I need to stop striving in my own strength. I need to give my husband to God and my marriage to God. Thank you Karrilee!

    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for you Jo! God is willing and able... praying He realigns and reconnects wherever there has been division and hurt! Praying He heals and makes whole... and helps you both to forgive and let go. xoxo

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive