October 18, 2016

DAY EIGHTEEN of 31 Days of Life Happens... and so We Pray! Praying the Psalms

Hello, sweet readers!

I hope you are excited to join me in praying the Psalms today!



Since we're talking about Healing this week, this one was a no-brainer! There are many psalms that talk of healing, but... well, this one is sung in our home all the time!

Today, we are praying through Psalm 103!

This is so good! Get ready... It's a long one, but it is PACKED FULL with goodness!
Our Father's Love (King David's song of praise.)
"With my whole heart, with my whole life, and with my innermost being, I bow in wonder and love before you, the Holy God! Yahweh, you are my soul's celebration. How could I ever forget the miracles of kindness you've done for me? You kissed my heart with forgiveness, in spite of all I've done. You've healed me inside and out from every disease. You've rescued me from hell and saved my life. You've crowned me with love and mercy and made me a king. You satisfy my every desire with good things. You've supercharged my life so that I soar again, like a flying eagle in the sky! You're a God who makes things right, giving justice to the defenseless. You unveiled to Moses your plans and showed Israel's sons what you could do. Lord, you're so kind and tenderhearted to those who don't deserve it and so very patient with people who fail you! Your love is like a flooding river overflowing its banks with kindness. You don't look at us only to find our faults, just so that you can hold a grudge against us. You may discipline us for our many sins, but never as much as we really deserve. Nor do you get even with us for what we've done. 

Higher than the highest heavens -- that's how high your tender mercy extends! Greater than the grandeur of heaven above is the greatness of your loyal love towering over all who fear you and bow down before you! Farther than from a sunrise to a sunset --that's how far you've removed our guilt from us! The same way a loving father feels toward his children --that's but a sample of your tender feelings toward us, your beloved children, who live in awe of you!  You know all about us inside and out. You are mindful that we're made from dust. Our days are so few, and our momentary beauty so swiftly fades away! Then all of a sudden we're gone, like grass clippings blown away in a gust of wind, taken away to our appointment with death, leaving nothing to show that we were here. But Lord, your endless love stretches from one eternity to the other, unbroken and unrelenting toward those who fear you and those who bow face down in awe before you! Your faithfulness to keep every gracious promise you've made passes from parents, to children, to grandchildren, and beyond. You are faithful to all those who follow your ways and keep your Word. God's heavenly throne is eternal, secure, and strong. So bless the Lord, all his messengers of power, for you are his mighty heroes who listen to the voice of his Word to do it! Bless and praise the Lord, you mighty warriors, ministers who serve him well and fulfill his desires! I will bless and praise the Lord with my whole heart! Let all his works throughout the earth, wherever his dominion stretches, let everything bless the Lord!"

How much to you LOVE Psalm 103?


It's one of my favorites! 

Now, let's actually pray through this together...

Jesus,

With all that I am and all of my being, my heart beats for you and I bow in wonder and in love before you, my Holy God. You are the very reason that praise and adoration bubbles up from within me and you are the cause for the shouts of joy that keep spilling out! I can't help but to celebrate you!

I will never get over and never forget all the miracles that you have done for me, Lord! Your kindness overwhelms me and the way you forgive and cover me leaves me breathless in wonder. 

Thank You, Father God... for You've healed me - completely, inside and out... you constantly make a way where there is no way and you are my safe place.  You place a crown upon my head that exudes love and mercy and somehow, you make me royalty.

There is no good thing that I lack and you satisfy my every need.  You have called me up higher and in my pursuit of you, I have taken flight...

God, I thank you that you are a God who makes things right! You give justice to the defenseless.  You are willing to show your hand and reveal your plans... Lord, you're so kind and tenderhearted to us --even when we don't deserve it and you're patience is grace with those of us who fail you.

Your love is like a rushing river that overflows with kindness... splashing everywhere, drenching everyone in its' path! You don't look at us and see our shortcomings... even when you discipline us, your grace and mercy cause you to go easy on us... you don't set out to make us pay.  Your mercy is unending... it reaches higher than the heavens and you pour it out on us! Your loyal love towers over all those who fear and worship you. As far away as the sunrise is from the sunset, that is how far you've removed our guilt and shame from us!

Just as a loving father has compassion on his children, that is just the tip of how you love us.  You are intimately in tune... aware of everything about us... and yet you remember that we are made from dust!

Lord, our days are so few and whatever beauty you have given us --it fades away. Suddenly, like grass blown away in a gust of wind, we are taken away and our time on earth comes to an end, leaving nothing to show that we were here. 

Thank You, Jesus, that your endless love stretches from one eternity to the other, unbroken and unrelenting toward us... we stand in awe, trembling, as we bow down before you in worship! God, your faithfulness to keep every gracious promise you've made passes from our parents, to us, to our grandchildren... from generation to generation, your promises remain! You are faithful to all who follow your ways and who know, and love, and live your Word.

Your heavenly throne is eternal, secure, and strong, Lord!

So bless the Lord, all his messengers of power, for you are his mighty heroes who listen to the voice of his Word to do it!
Bless and praise the Lord, you mighty warriors, ministers who serve him well and fulfill his desires!

I will bless and praise the Lord with all of my heart... with all that I am, and ever hope to be... I bow down in praise and pour out my worship.

Let all his works throughout the whole earth, wherever his reign and rule stretches, let EVERYTHING that has breath, bless the Lord!

Amen!"



I'm also linking up with these lovely writing communities linked below:

Holly Barrett for #TestimonyTuesday


Kelly Balarie for #RaRaLinkUp

Lori Schumaker for #MomentsofHope

Jennifer Dukes Lee for #TellHisStory









 Today is Day Eighteen of 31 Days of Life Happens...and so We Pray! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

Tomorrow we'll talk a bit more about Inner healing and ministries like Sozo that, through prayer, bring healing to our past, to our emotional wounds, and that loose the chains that bind. I hope you'll join me!

16 comments :

  1. I will join you! Beautiful Psalm and prayer. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you joined me, friend!

      Delete
  2. You gave me a moment to truly pause and linger on my one word - wonder. He truly is a wondrous God. And in this day and age, we need every reminder that His heavenly throne is secure and strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Wonder!!! That was my OneWord last year and OH MY how He showed up and showed off in Wonder all. year. long. (and even still!) It's such a great word! So glad you lingered with me today! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for this beautiful prayer, Karrilee. It has been an encouragement already in praying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For you and me, both! Thanks Anna for stopping by, for praying with me, and for sharing this on fb, too! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh what a gorgeous prayer, and deep worship!!! Psalm 103 is so stunning, it makes me soar!
    I wrote about healing from illness this week and caretaking (and a review of a book)..and realize Psalm 103 is a great one to read for anyone needing hope from healing, and strengthening of faith! As always, so fed visiting you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Ps103!!! I wrote about physical healing yesterday... I hope you were able to read through that. Tomorrow, we're diving in to some Inner healing, too! You can't go wrong with Psalm 103! So glad you stopped by, friend... and filled up with me!

      Delete
  5. I learned Psalm 103 many years ago, and my mind goes there so often. Thanks for rendering it so beautifully in this prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My Honey put the first few verses to music and we sing it around here OFTEN! So happy to have you join me in praying this psalm today, Michele!

      Delete
  6. Psalm 103 is one of my favorites too. I haven't read it in awhile so it was wonderfully worshiping to re-read it here in prayer form!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by and leaned in and prayed this psalm with me, Lisa!

      (BTW - SUPER cute hair!) xoxo

      Delete
  7. Love the image of Gods splashing all over. Much like the waters of baptism.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you did this. Often we read the passages in the Bible and think about "other" people who lives "long" ago and forget to make scripture personal... to me, right now. Thank you for the pattern and your heart for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen! I know I will miss these Tuesdays, praying through a psalm together! (I'm sure we will still do it once in awhile!)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive