May 10, 2016

She is Priceless... Global Giving Day!


Today is May 10th, and this year - that means two things:

1. My girlie is 21 today... 

I know. I need a moment, y'all!                                 

Also there is this:

2. It's Global Giving Day and I am partnering up with Fair Trade Friday and Mercy House Global

So really... the whole She is Priceless and #putonyourpearls campaign is helping me to celebrate not only my girlie (Happy Birthday, bear!) but all girls... 

“She Is Priceless” Is A Campaign To Make A Difference In The Lives Of Oppressed Women.  

And we all want to do that, right?


It comes as no surprise if you have spent any amount of time in my little corner of the interwebs here that I am a huge fan of Mercy House and Fair Trade Friday. I fell in love with this ministry years ago and have supported them ever since.  

Here's the thing though: Our budget is crazy tight and we can't give as much as we'd love to - but we give what we can and amazingly enough, God continues to help that grow.  But ministries like this require a lot of funds, so even if you can't give much (like us), I encourage you to pray about giving something


When I heard that Mercy House Global was partnering with She is Priceless for Global Giving Day, I was all in!


 One of the ways you can help right now, today, is simply to #putonyourpearls and post a photo on social media! Grab a pair of earrings or a necklace from your jewelry box, put on your pearls, and take a selfie! If your budget is tight like ours, but you still want to help - raising awareness is a great place to start! 


I love that they chose pearls for this campaign because, of course - right? 

Pearls are precious... priceless... 



Pearls are, as the website says,
"...a healed wound.  An oyster protects itself from irritation and suffering and the result is a priceless pearl.  The women we support have endured unthinkable suffering in their lives and often feel forgotten.  We are joining together to remind the world that every woman matters."
So on this day, when I celebrate my own girlie and remind her of her worth... I am also joining with my online tribe and saying it loud and clear: 

Every woman matters! Every story is ripe with redemption... and these organizations are doing the hard work of changing the world, one life at a time!



These are the ministries who have joined together over at She Is Priceless

* Beauty for Ashes Uganda - 
The goal for Beauty for Ashes Uganda is to empower single mothers and widows to reach long-term sustainability for their families.

* Caring for Korah - Caring for Korah is a ministry that exists to love and serve the poor in Korah Ethiopia, pointing the people to find their value in Christ.

* JoyCorps - JoyCorps partners with entrepreneurs in the developing world to build strong businesses and healthy, thriving communities.

* Freedom Firm - Freedom Firm works to Rescue minors who have been sold into the commercial sex trade, Restore their identities, and seek Justice against those who perpetrate these crimes.

* Mercy House Global - Mercy House exists to engage, empower and disciple women around the globe in Jesus’ name through partnerships and sustainable fair trade product development.

Click HERE to go to She is Priceless to learn more and donate. 

If you can't donate, grab some pearls and take a selfie... hashtag it #putonyourpearls and link to www.sheispriceless.org.

And always... of course... let's purpose to PRAY! 




 Pray for this campaign, for these organizations, and for the lives that they are changing... one by one!

And always... let's remember to:



P.S.  I'm linking up with these lovely writers:
Holly Barrett for #TestimonyTuesday


Kristin Hill Taylor for #ThreeWordWednesday


Jennifer Dukes Lee for
 #TellHisStory











14 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter and to you! My daughter's birthday is always such a day of reflection for me. I can only imagine what it's like when she turns 21. Happy Celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie! Yes - I also tend to reflect back over the years and hope into the future! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love Mercy House and have supported them for the last six months. Was totally unaware of #sheispriceless day until I saw your post. Thank you for bringing awareness to these organizations that do so much. Happy 21st birthday to your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love Mercy House and have been a long time supporter! It is so nice to hear of more organizations that are doing such important and amazing work! Thanks so much for stopping by, my friend! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I wish I had read this earlier in the day. Pearls of great worth - and your girlie? Such a gem - be blessed on this, your 21st birthday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, happy 21st birthday to your girlie! Second, I wish that I could give more too. Yes every women matters! Hope you are having a great day celebrating your girlie and all women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! I just know that God takes what little we can give and He stretches it and multiplies it and puts it together with other peoples' 'not much' and it makes a huge impact in the Kingdom!

      Delete
  5. Many blessings to your daughter on her 21st birthday ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 21st Birthday to your daughter! Life keeps on getting better after that birthday : ) Heather Macfayden from God-centered mom podcast posted a selfie with her pearls. It is kinda cool to hear more about this ministry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been such an exciting day! They have raised over $17,300 so far today for all of these organizations/ministries! Every little bit adds up big in the Kingdom!

      Delete
  7. Hope your daughter had a great birthday. It's definitely the best day to be born (it was my birthday too!) She is Priceless sounds like a great campaign- it's not something I've heard of before. I'll have to look into it some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - Happy Belated Birthday, Carly! Hope you had a great day! All of the ministries that gathered together yesterday are each doing amazing work... I do hope you take a moment and check them out! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive