Today is May 10th, and this year - that means two things:
1. My girlie is 21 today...
I know. I need a moment, y'all!
2. It's Global Giving Day and I am partnering up with Fair Trade Friday and Mercy House Global
So really... the whole She is Priceless and #putonyourpearls campaign is helping me to celebrate not only my girlie (Happy Birthday, bear!) but all girls...
“She Is Priceless” Is A Campaign To Make A Difference In The Lives Of Oppressed Women.
And we all want to do that, right?
It comes as no surprise if you have spent any amount of time in my little corner of the interwebs here that I am a huge fan of Mercy House and Fair Trade Friday. I fell in love with this ministry years ago and have supported them ever since.
Here's the thing though: Our budget is crazy tight and we can't give as much as we'd love to - but we give what we can and amazingly enough, God continues to help that grow. But ministries like this require a lot of funds, so even if you can't give much (like us), I encourage you to pray about giving something.
When I heard that Mercy House Global was partnering with She is Priceless for Global Giving Day, I was all in!
I love that they chose pearls for this campaign because, of course - right?
Pearls are precious... priceless...
Pearls are, as the website says,
"...a healed wound. An oyster protects itself from irritation and suffering and the result is a priceless pearl. The women we support have endured unthinkable suffering in their lives and often feel forgotten. We are joining together to remind the world that every woman matters."So on this day, when I celebrate my own girlie and remind her of her worth... I am also joining with my online tribe and saying it loud and clear:
Every woman matters! Every story is ripe with redemption... and these organizations are doing the hard work of changing the world, one life at a time!
These are the ministries who have joined together over at She Is Priceless:
* Beauty for Ashes Uganda - The goal for Beauty for Ashes Uganda is to empower single mothers and widows to reach long-term sustainability for their families.
* Caring for Korah - Caring for Korah is a ministry that exists to love and serve the poor in Korah Ethiopia, pointing the people to find their value in Christ.
* JoyCorps - JoyCorps partners with entrepreneurs in the developing world to build strong businesses and healthy, thriving communities.
* Freedom Firm - Freedom Firm works to Rescue minors who have been sold into the commercial sex trade, Restore their identities, and seek Justice against those who perpetrate these crimes.
* Mercy House Global - Mercy House exists to engage, empower and disciple women around the globe in Jesus’ name through partnerships and sustainable fair trade product development.
Click HERE to go to She is Priceless to learn more and donate.
If you can't donate, grab some pearls and take a selfie... hashtag it #putonyourpearls and link to www.sheispriceless.org.
And always... of course... let's purpose to PRAY!
And always... let's remember to:
P.S. I'm linking up with these lovely writers:
Holly Barrett for #TestimonyTuesday