December 15, 2015

When Your Grown Up Christmas List Seems Hard...



I don’t know about you, but it seems for the past few years anyway – my Grown Up Christmas List has included less merchandise and a cry for more of the miraculous… less of the lighthearted wants, but more of the heavy and urgent needs.


Sure – the newest iphone would be great… maybe a cute pair of boots, a necklace, a sweater, all the books, but what I really want is less tangible, more necessary!

What my soul longs for is a little peace on earth and a weary world rejoicing!

This year, a bit of all the hard and heavy things have been weighing on my heart and I haven't given over to the usual joyful holiday spirit quite yet. Oh, it is coming... I can feel it. But the magic of it all has been a little further out of reach! Maybe you too are praying for bigger wishes… Things you are hoping for, not so much tucked under a tree, but available because of the Cross.  What I desire is to unwrap the gifts that are already ours… the ones already promised long ago...


***

I am honored to be Guest Posting over at my sweet friend Barbie Swiharts' place today, sharing about when our Grown Up Christmas Lists seem hard! I'd love for you to join me over at Barbie's to read the rest of this post.



P.S.  I'm linking up with these lovely writers:
JENNIFER DUKES LEE FOR #TELLHISSTORY


















HOLLEY GERTH FOR #COFFEEFORYOURHEART


2 comments :

  1. Beautiful post, Karrilee. I was drawn to read the post as it reminded of Amy Grant's song, "My Grown Up Christmas List", which is a favorite of mine :) My "list" has changed much this year. One thing remained the same - I want more of Him in the coming year! And thank you Barbie for sharing your space. Blessings to you both! xo
    PS - I am leaving my comment here as well as I am not sure it posted to Barbie's site. Sorry for the repetition if it did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joanne - for going the extra mile! I did see your comment over at Barbies' too... but you are always welcome over in my little corner as well! ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive